Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caifeanna Gaelach

Options
  • 10-10-2004 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Does anyone know is there such a thing as an Irish-language café in our cities? I mean a place where you can go, have a cup of coffee and meet like-minded Gaelgóirí without worrying about persecution from English speakers.

If so, are there any in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

That I know of, there's one on Dawson St. in Dublin called Tri-D. There's one in Galway called Bananaphoblacht and one in Belfast called An Caife Glas(I think). There might be a few others that I can't think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Go raibh maith agat. Ní raibh a fhios agam go raibh fáilte roimh an Gaeilge i Bananapoblach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Rredwell wrote:
    Go raibh maith agat. Ní raibh a fhios agam go raibh fáilte roimh an Gaeilge i Bananapoblach.

Ó
    http://www.lucidcafe.com/cafebystate/irforum.html:

Cafés/Coffeehouses
    Galway

Bananaphoblacht
    Definitely the best espresso coffee to be had in Galway city. Bright decor, laid back atmosphere and quixotic staff and menu. As most of our staff speak Irish (Gaelic), this is one of the trendiest spots in Ireland to hear living Irish spoken. - Lower Dominick Street, Galway, Ireland BT9 5AJ - Tel: 00.353.91.561478 - Fax: (01232) 280 112 - Email: alexhijmans@yahoo.com

Advertisement