Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"There is a problem with the disc you are using..."

Options
  • 09-10-2004 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭

Right, I've been playing Burnout 3 on the Xbox for a good two weeks and every so often, at the off chance, the game just begins to stutter (usually with the music, which is not from a custom soundtrack). Too much struggling, and the game moves to the "There is a problem with the disc you are using. It may be dirty or damaged" screen. Sometimes, this may happen alot, while other times it never occurs at all.

Thing is, the game is new; there are no scratches. Plus, this is not the first game where I have encountered this problem, yet for some reason I'm having the worst experience yet with Burnout 3. Anyone else having the same problem, with any game, or is it just my Xbox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Not that I know anything about xbox's but the lens might be dirty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

have you contacted support ? if there is a problem with a number of discs there might have been a manufacturing problem, or if it's a code problem they'll be aware of it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

I have had the exact same problem.
    Except mine went one step further when i rebooted it. It said "your xbox has a problem and requires service, please contact the appropriate support number quoted in your manual"
    something along those lines.

I **** myself to say the least. I left it cos i had to go somewhere and came back and it was fine. then it happened again while playing halo co-op. Also the light around the eject button turned red. The manual says that if this light turns orange it is overheating and must cool down. The manual says if its any other colour that it requires service.
    Its working agin now, but i don't know for how long. My advice is keep it cool...Thats the approach i'm taking. Of course mine is conveniently now over a year old...will probably have to pay to fix the damn thing....all this with one month til Halo 2. typical. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

if you get a bootup error screen then you can work out what the problem is - it's probably a sign that the hd is knackered that'd be any number from 5 - 9

there's a list of them here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/errorcodes.php

also there's a list of the colour codes here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/leds.php

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Re: "will probably have to pay to fix the damn thin"

Why not just find out...?

http://www.xbox.com/en-ie/support/

• Advertisement

ever hold off finding out bad news?
    well thats what i'm doing. may aswell ride out whatever good luck i have that hasn't made it completely shut down...

:D

elmer wrote:
    also there's a list of the colour codes here:

http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/leds.php

Solid red means overheated - hardware failure.
    WHich would explian why it works after i leave it for a while. puzzling. it has a glass shelf all to itself on my tv stand and nothing around it for at least 10 inches. And the room has not been heated so far this year. (parents don't want the heating on until there is frost on the inside of the windows..what with all the talk of fuel price increase...)

Thanks for this though, i'll see how it goes..

Advertisement