Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welsh And English Independent Radio

Options
  • 09-10-2004 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭

CAN WELSH OR ENGLISH INDEPENDENT RADIO STATIONS BE HEARD IN NORTH DUBLIN WITH A GOOD RADIO AND GOOD AERIAL BECAUSE WHEN I WAS ON HOLIDAY IN NORTH WALES THERE WAS A REALY GOOD STATION CALLED COAST 95.6 OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND IN BLACKPOOL WAVE.I DON'T WANT TO USE THE INTERNET BECAUSE I CANT :mad: :mad: GO OVER MY USEAGE LIMIT.
    PLEASE HELP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Roxof

Hi Eireman1916

Wave FM (Blackpool) is on 96.5 MHz - its power is only 100 W, though, so you'll need a good set-up to receive it reliably in Dublin.

Coast FM (Rhyl) is on 96.3 MHz - not sure about the power, but very probably similar.

HTH

:cool:

Coast fm is a great station,I doubt that it would reach Dublin though.
    I'm open to correction here but,I dont think online streaming of web radio would use up much of a bradband cap unless you were using it 24-7 for a long while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

Roxof wrote:
    Wave FM (Blackpool) is on 96.5 MHz - its power is only 100 W, though, so you'll need a good set-up to receive it reliably in Dublin.

Coast FM (Rhyl) is on 96.3 MHz - not sure about the power, but very probably similar.

HTH

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY GOOD SET UP LIKE A RDS RADIO OR A REALY BIG AERIAL?

Hi Eireman1916

If you can put up a big aerial, preferably quite high, you might be in with a chance, but reception might depend on weather conditions. It's also possible that other stations on the same frequency might interfere. I think that Coast FM is actually broadcast from Llanddona, but at a low power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭SF1

If I Got A Realy High Aerial What Other Channels Will I Get

• Advertisement

Hi Eireman1916

Well, BBC Radio 1, 2, 3, 4, Cymru and Wales from Llanddona; possibly Champion FM from Caernarfon (103.0 MHz); and Manx Radio. There must be more to add - come on, folks, what FM DX do you get in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Quite a few English ILR stations make it into Dublin on AM (mediumwave)

Advertisement