Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Kerry/Bush debate

Options
  • 09-10-2004 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

I stayed up last night to watch the debate on BBC.
    As I hadn't seen the first one I can't make any comparisons, although some commentators said that Bush was "better" this time round.
    What I found incomprehensible was the blind arrogance of Bush. Although this week's reports on Iraq have left no doubt in anyone's minds about the "weapons of mass destruction" he kept on going on about it. If he had tried to sidestep the questions I would have understood, but he blindly refused to do so and kept on suggesting that the "threat" was "real"
    Both candidates made references to killing "terrorists", but as usual neither provided any definition of what a terrorist is ie. where are the borderlines?
    http://www.electoral-vote.com/ has the latest poll figures following on last night's debate.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Not surprisingly, theres a thread on the politics forum. You may get more debate there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Not surprisingly, theres a thread on the politics forum. You may get more debate there.

Yeah, I have no problem with people disussing the debate to an extent here, but politics is bound to be much better for it, and much more suitable.

(unless you want to talk about the effect the televised debates have on people perception of the candidates and the election as a whole, that is :D)

flogen

Advertisement