Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fable first Impressions **tiny spoilers**

Options
  • 08-10-2004 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Right after wandering town this afternoon was only able to find Fable in Game - even then I had to ask as it was behind the counter.

Shop assistant said they are almost sold out and had people queuing to get their Pre-orders this morning!

First impressions - nice semi-cutesy graphics. Combat and magic seem well thought out - if a bit easy to get to grips with. - Although I have hardly used them in anger yet so they might be more challenging than I think.

Commited my first evil deed (keeping quiet about man having an affair)- kinda spoilt by the fact that all the villagers seem to know it instantly! Made up for it by commiting my first good deed.(grassing said man up to his wife :D ).

Definately liking it so far - havent giggled so much whilst playing a game for ages. Very good and comical voice acting lots of regional english accents - come across several yokels and a scouser so far.

Have a feeling Im gonna be playing this one until my eyes bleed. Havent done anything on the main quest yet too busy looking around for bitty sub quests that are keeping me amused.

Anyone else got it yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i didnt know jo chen did the box art, its nice
    http://www.jo-chen.com/engpage/engpage.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Commited my first evil deed (keeping quiet about man having an affair)- kinda spoilt by the fact that all the villagers seem to know it instantly! Made up for it by commiting my first good deed.(grassing said man up to his wife :D ).

I did the exact same thing, and followed his wife down as she caught them at it and game him a bollocking - really funny stuff. I've just completed the guild training and am about to embark on the main quest, so far I'm hugely impressed. Gorgeous graphics, great gameplay and some geniunely interested characters.

Advertisement