Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dune

Options
  • 27-12-2000 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

This is one of my favorite movies of all time.
    But any review of it ive ever read has slated it as utter $h1te.
    Did anybody else love this great movie as much as me?
    or is it that my taste in movies leaves alot to be desired?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Depending on what rumour you hear it was orginally either a 5 hours epic mini series thing or a 10 hours mini series. Apparently all the stuff that was cut out was destroyed in a fire soon after the film was released.

It is a good film, but if I am anyway tired I will fall asleep for the middle section. There was new version made that is supposed to be excellent.

Draco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

The version i saw was approx 3 hours long, but seemed to have loads of stuff cut out. The story was very distorted. The Emperors daughter seemed to be an important character but did nothing (i havent read the book).
    I thought it was a good film a nd enjoyed it.

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

I read the book before I saw the film and I thought it was a bit dissapointing as lots of the good stuff was left out but it was still a good film.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It wasn't destroyed. Some SciFi channels in the states have shown the full thing.

I love the movie, even though half the story is missing.

They are working on a second mini-series version now. With plans to do the other books if it does well. Details are up (somewhere) on IGN.Com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Bit of a flawed masterpiece. Doesn't have the same depth as the book and some of the cast were dod*** (Sting ?!?) but overall one of the better SciFi films.
    Still, it made an excellent RTS game smile.gif.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

lol, censoring a mans post cause he spells a word wrong smile.gif g3y.

If memory serves Dune = Sting in a blue jockstrap hell.

Boomtux9.gif

Ph33R M3!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭[IAR]Nevermind

good film smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Loved it. One of my favorite movies. The books are excellent too, and im actually rereading them at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

good good
    im not alone then
    ive just finished re-reading god emporer.
    makes a bit more sence now that im not 12
    if fyou havent read the books and you liked the film, what are you waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Yeah i liked it ,tho it was obviously heavily edited

Film critics are a bunch of arrogant b@stards, what do they know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement