Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gradius V out today...

Options
  • 08-10-2004 12:54pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭

...and I hope most of you PS2 owners will be picking it. Its made by Treasure the makers of the legendary shmups Ikaruga and Radiant Silvergun and its definitely one of their best works if not best. The game is far more action orientated than Ikaruga which is more based on learning patterns. Its definitely the best of the Gradius/Salamander series being more forgiving than the gradius games because of the option to restart instantly when you die. The game is also a joy to behold with some of the best graphics on the PS2 and also a fantastic soundtrack (from the same composer of the Radiant Silvergun, FF tactics for PS1 and soon the FFXII soundtrack). It also should be budget price. Sorry I can't tell you what the PAL version is like since I was enjoying the JAP version so much I forgot to ask for a copy from my friend in Konami.

The game might not be to everybodies tastes but those people don't have any taste :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I went down to the Square to pick it up along with Fable this morning, but there was no sign of it. Neither GAME or Xtra-Game had it, so I've just ordered it from Play.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

According to eurogamer.net it is quite a difficult game. I've never been a big fan of those type of games. Although I did finish r-type in the arcade. Might try and pick it up second hand in a few weeks time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I love these games and i've never finished R-type (only got to last boss with a silly amount of credits). Kudos to you ;) . Gradius V is tough but it is nowhere near the toughness of R-type, or ikaruga or other modern examples. In fact its one of the easier examples of the genre. You shouldn't have any trouble beating it on normal after a few play throughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i seen this on a torrent site a long long time ago :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

This game looks sooo sweet.
    I went down to the Square to pick it up along with Fable this morning, but there was no sign of it.
    Strange, there's a pile of them in the back room, but none of them out on the shelf...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Would love to get this, can't get a PS2 for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

This game looks sooo sweet.

Strange, there's a pile of them in the back room, but none of them out on the shelf...

Dats cuz it aint out till the 15th! I will most certainly be picking it up anyway.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dats cuz it aint out till the 15th! I will most certainly be picking it up anyway.
    :D

You sure? Both GAME in Dawson Street and Grafton Street are selling it, but for some bizarre reason, it's €39.99 in Dawson Street and a whopping €59.99 in Grafton Street. I asked about it but they insisted they weren't pricing mistakes. Strange for a game that's meant to be €29.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Really? Well I was just going by play.com who have it listed as being released on the 15th. Ah smell, ill get it from them anyway, cheaper. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its budget price on play.com. nice to see nothings changed, GAME are still rip off merchants.

• Advertisement
Advertisement