Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dislocated my finger in Kilternan last night!

Options
  • 08-10-2004 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭

I'm not going on holiday until March next year, but I'm getting a good few lessons in beforehand so that (hopefully!) I'll be handy enough by the time I get over there.

Anyway, fell awkwardly last night and didn't close my fist as instructed on the first lesson, and out pops the middle joint on the big finger of my left hand. Never had something like this happen before and it caught me out a little. It looked terrible - like crossing my fingers but the wrong way :eek:

Anyway, had it reset last night and now just have to give it time to heal. Anyone any similar experiences?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

SuprSi wrote:
    Anyway, had it reset last night and now just have to give it time to heal. Anyone any similar experiences?

Presume you are talking about sking/snowboarding!? so no

But i've dislocated various fingers playing rugby...important to make sure it is reset properly so that it heals correctly and you don't loose any (or very little) flexibility and movement.

Hope it didn't hurt to much? i dislocated a toe (Stubbed it on a skirting board)once as well and i didn't get it reset as it hurt so much. Fingers can hurt like hell or be practically painless.....

Advertisement