Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can suspend disbelief with the best of them but.....

Options
  • 14-12-2000 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

..... The Lost World really took the biscuit smile.gif You could have driven an 18 wheeler through some of the plot holes esp. the T Rex on the ship at the end.

Like uh, how did it get out kill everyone on board, get back in again and close the cargo bay doors?? Plus the ship remained right on course the entire time. Ridiculous.

I still enjoyed it though smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

t'is probably more feasible that the baby T-rex could have done all the complicated "operating machinery" stuff to open the cargo bay doors... still... t'is admittable that it has more holes in it's plot than dinosaurs.

Still - I bought the two in the DVD box set recently and thought they were worth it. Very enjoyable.

bard2.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    t'is probably more feasible that the baby T-rex could have done all the complicated "operating machinery" stuff to open the cargo bay doors...
    </font>

Apart from the fact that it was still doped to the eyeballs and in restraints when Jeff Goldblum and yer woman got there....

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Apart from the fact that it was still doped to the eyeballs and in restraints when Jeff Goldblum and yer woman got there....</font>

um... oh yeah... it wasn't on the boat, was it? (t'was already in San Fran...)

ah well wink.gif

bard2.gif

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I always assumed that the raptors made another return...

sneak onto boat, have big fight with sailors and stuff (open door, operate radio and computer - hey! skippy can do it and a raptor can kick skippy any day! smile.gif ).

one problem, where were the raptors when the boat arrived?
    1. they could have been killed. We don't really see if any of the ship crew survived the crashing into the dock (still the same film right?).

2. The raptors could've hoofed it into the city and are now living in someone's basement or in the sewers just waiting for a third film to come out.

actually, a film about a pack of raptors on hte loose in a city would be quite nice come to think of it! smile.gif

ricky.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Panda

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LoLth:
    one problem, where were the raptors when the boat arrived?
    </font>

Well if they're smart enough to smuggle themselves onboard, operate the bay doors, steer the ship using the dead guys hand, then surely they knew if they stayed on board then theyd get shot. So its pretty obvious that they took a running jump off the side of the ship, swan-dived into the ocean and swan home.
    The film is sooooo sad though, its pathetic, heres a couple of things that really got on my nerves:
    How on earth could they be stupid enough to park theyre ten ton trailor at the most treacherous part of the island, i mean come on!!a ****ing cliff beside u???
    Remember when mommy T-rex was running thru the jungle an knocking all the trees? and passed directly under the suspended lift? well where the fucck was this tree that was holding them up? and how did get to be over 100 feet high?
    bugger its crap.
    and yah they are making another, i think with Jeff Goldblum in it (dumbasses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Ridiculous.</font>

Could happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I don't believe it could.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Draco:
    Isn't there a third one being made anyway?

Draco.
    </font>

yip... more info at:
    www.upcomingmovies.com

bard2.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Isn't there a third one being made anyway?

Draco.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

huge plot holes alright - how the hell could the t-rex get everyone in the wheelhouse and below-decks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

the cunning use of a straw??

Stephen.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Sheeh you can believe that female only dinosaurs can procreate after being created by a fly appeared to hold the complete DNA sequences of every known dinosaur or that downtown San Diego (that's where it was?) is completely empty of people but you can't believe that a dinosaur could man a boat.

Right here's how it happend. As they were sailing out those perodacto thingys attacked taking out the things up top while a couple of them had raptor pilots who dropped in and took out the guys below.

One of the raptors stumbled into the control room and growled "Hey it's Unix! I know Unix!" and switched on the autopilot on.

The remaining raptors got eaten by the Dino downstairs or drowned trying to attack thier reflections in the water.

Satisfied? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

and UNIX is so old dinosaurs would know it too so it makes sense wink.gif

Advertisement