Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happens to old CIE tickets?

Options
  • 07-10-2004 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭

Hey,

You know how in some train stations, at the turnstiles, there's a cardboard box into which you can drop your used train tickets?

Well, I was wondering what happens to them. Do they get binned? Recycled? Are they there just so CIE don't get fined for littering?

I ask this because: Like a lot of people I'm sure, I like to use ripped up train tickets as 'filters' for 'cigarettes'. So occasionally I pick up a few from the box as I wander through the turnstile.
    The other day, Mr. CIE ran out from his office shouting 'Oi, here! You, they're not free PAL!!!!", and proceeded to wrench them out of my hand.

So, ignoring the fact that he was a rude boll*x, it got me wondering why he wanted them so bad... Anyone have any ideas?? (Oh and for the record, I do not look like the kind of person who would blatently try to rip off CIE by using old tickets).

Cheers,

Kev.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

The tickets remain the property of Iarnrod Eireann (Note: Not CIE) at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Doesn't say anything about that on the majority of them though.. You know the blue and white ones, Adult Single, Adult Return etc... , just a blurb about being subject to the bylaws and blah blah blah... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Its in the bye-laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Why would CIE be fined for other people littering?

He was a rude boll*x for telling you not to do something you shouldn't be doing and recovering property from you that wasn't yours?

You can't tell by looking at someone if they are likely to try a scam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Doesn't say anything about that on the majority of them though.. You know the blue and white ones, Adult Single, Adult Return etc... , just a blurb about being subject to the bylaws and blah blah blah... :confused:

And what do the by-laws say?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

by any chance was it clontarf road station?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

John R wrote:
    And what do the by-laws say?

Dunno.. haven't been able to find them on the website.

K.

Advertisement