Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Build- Foundations

Options
  • 07-10-2004 2:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

What's the difference between foundations for a Timber Frame Kit compared to a block build?
    Is it still a strip foundation?
    Is there less concrete used in a timber frame due to it being lighter?
    What's the price of a lorry load of concrete (roughly)?
    What's the volume of a lorry load 7 cubic meters?

Thanks
    Aido

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

Hmmm not sure about the foundation differences for a timber build, i'd presume its the same as a normal block house, because most timber frame houses that i know have an outer brick or block wall.

price of a lorry load varies a lot, i get my concrete from Quinn Cement and i think the last load was around the €500 for 8 metres at 20/25 neuton with grade 10 chips.

I think 8 metres is the most you can get, and let me tell you 8 metres is a LOT!

yop can probably varify the foundations bit, he'd be more up on the TF than i would!

Farlz

Advertisement