Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 5 in Kilkenny

Options
  • 07-10-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,

I currently receive BBC1, 2, UTV, and S4C via a roof top ariel and a booster. The signal is very clear. Do you know if I should be able to pixk up channel 5 also and what frequency is it at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

doubtful. looking at your channels it looks like a deflector if your getting UTV and S4C

• Registered Users Posts: 10 martino

I don't think it is a deflector but I'm not sure. It could be HTV Wales that I am picking up and S4C from Wales. I will check them again. Do you know what frequency Channel 5 is stored at?

ch 5 is on 37 from presely

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

Where in Kilkenny are you? In the south of the county deflectors would be receiveable, but AFAIK this is not the case in Kilkenny city and the north of Co. Kilkenny

If you can list out the frequency channels for your UHF stations or even the order as they appear while tuning across UHF it might be possible for someone to work out what transmitter you are receiving?
    In the past looking at aerials in the area some people around Kilkenny city appear to receive from (Aberystwyth) BLAENPLWYF, but this only transmits Channel 5 at a much lower power than the main 4, and in a different aerial group

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

There is a deflector around 10KM to the south west of Kilkenny...could be that

• Advertisement
Advertisement