Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What we all think of the Buttery

Options
  • 07-10-2004 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭

Maybe you remember at the end of last year the buttery sent an email to all students and staff asking them to participate in a survey of their services. Looking for any excuse to justify the procrastination of my study, I heartily complied. It was dreary, long and excessively thorough.. Which I suppose is good as it gave me many the chance to exacerbate my already unflattering opinion. Over two and a half thousand of us took the survey..

Well the results are in!
    http://www.tcd.ie/Conferences/catering_survey_response.pdf

I especially enjoy the part where it says:
    "Training for all Catering Staff in costumer relations will be held and will take account of the comments made by respondents to the survey."

Priceless!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Heh, the very nice girl giving us the campus tour managed to tactfully skip over the quality of the Buttery, mentioning that it had simply "cheap, standard-quality food".

Pfft, yeah right, if you live in Azerbaijan perhaps..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

its cheap, it fills the void, it hasn't killed me yet...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

I like the food in the buttery and dining hall albeit I only ever get chips and sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Anyone else have the experience of yer man (the camp fella) who won't put the change back in your hand? No matter how much your body language wills him to. He's a real self important bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Anyone else have the experience of yer man (the camp fella) who won't put the change back in your hand? No matter how much your body language wills him to. He's a real self important bloke.

Yeah that actually gets quite fuk'n annoying............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

ApeXaviour wrote:

Yeah he really annoys me too, I made a point a number of times last year of starting to move my tray away and putting my hand out so he'd no choice but to hand me the change, a personal victory each time no matter how sad it sounds! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Ive been in the buttery a few times durin the week+really liked it. havent made it to the pav as of yet! too much of a trek from d'olier st....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

hey i was with the su giving tours of campus and at the stand. did any of u freshers c me/were on my tour monday at 1? i was one of the only female ppl givng tours with the su

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

snorlax wrote:
    hey i was with the su giving tours of campus and at the stand. did any of u freshers c me/were on my tour monday at 1? i was one of the only female ppl givng tours with the su

I think I was actually..I kept staring at you because you look exactly like someone I know...I was wearing a black hat and I have a lip piercing, dunno if that jogs your memory...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

the crowd was fairely massive, about 50-ppl,that was my first tour, all my notes blew away in the wind just before the tour so i had to just use my brain!

well if youv any questions about campus etc just or pm me or use this thread! goldsmith hall(accomadation,2nd floor and lectures on your left as you go in the main door) is at the jcr/pearse street

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭celingfan

Ah yes the buttery the most arrogant plce in tcd.Now many of you may know that it is a hole that is bein shut down wihin the next few years.So to those of you that arent fimilar with the plac bring your own water especially wheen consuming booze because when you get a bit thirsty and decide to rehydrate your self ,you will be directed to ords the strange gray contraption with a blue button,mindyou after bein rudely directed towards it by a bollox of a bar man,from which you will retrive some nice hot water to quench your thirst.NICE.
    Now to those of you who are veterans of tcd,have you noticed the way after orderig a few cans they give you a glas on top of a can,This a laughable attempt to gain customer from the pav yet try and keep an air of class about the place .Nothing pleases me more than to give them the glass back laughing at them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

are u blonde snorlax? i think i saw you.

got luch for the first time in the buttery today... two words -RAW CHIPS!!

Advertisement