Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Sim City 3000 UK/World Edition on Win2k

Options
  • 06-10-2004 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

I have:
    Athlon Xp 2600+
    Radeon 7200 Series
    Win 200 Pro
    DirectX 9

I have read on other forums that many people can run both SC300 UK and World Editions with no Problems on Win 2000. Even though SC3000 uk Min Sys Reqs are Win 95/98/ME/XP and World edition is for Win 95/98.

The game installs with no problems and loads to the Maxis screen but the quits to the desktop. All my drivers are up to date and no patches are available.

Has anyone else had success withthis or know of any possible solutions?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Its almost 100% your graphics cards fault. I tried running sim city on a win xp computer in my course with a radeon 7200 and the game wouldnt even load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Pharcyde

Deadwing wrote:
    Its almost 100% your graphics cards fault. I tried running sim city on a win xp computer in my course with a radeon 7200 and the game wouldnt even load.

How do you figure??

Minimum requirements are DirectX 7 with 2Mb video card;

I have 64mb video card on DirectX 9.0??

Well im just telling you from my experience, that trying to run sim city on a radeon 7200 wouldnt even work. Ditto for fairly simple games like RTCW and MOH, they ran at a snails pace on 7200's, with a p4 and 256 ram.

Thanks anyway, but I cant see that as being the problem as it well exceeds min reqs.

Does anyone else have this game?

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Anytime I had a game quitting to desktop like that it was something to do with graphics card/directx. The 7200 is not a Dx9 graphics card.

Cheers for that Ciaran, what would you suggest other than a new graphics card? Replace with an older version?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Any problems I was having were solved software issues and didn't require any hardware changes. The only games that come to mind that I was having similar problems to you were Simcity 4 and C&C Generals, but I really can't remember what I did to fix it. Sorry.

Did you look around to see if it a known problem bettween SC 3000 and 7200?

Advertisement