Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc games recommend

Options
  • 05-10-2004 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

i read the charter and didnt see a reference to my subject.

i would like some people to recommend me some pc games to buy.
    my criteria are - good games (!), less than 20 euro, ie games that we really good sellers about 3 years ago etc., type of game 1st persons, max payne type games, not stragedy games.

games like unreal tourn 3 and warcraft and max payne work grand on my pc if thats any use.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Cows With Guns

Quake3 and half life.

Thats all you need tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

if you can see past the combat engine id say deus ex 1 it has a great storyline etc.
    half life is fantastic as has been mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I can't argue with Half life (HL, Opposing forces & Blueshift) or Quake 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Grand theft auto 3.
    Star wars jedi knight(s)
    Call of Duty
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Mafia
    Ghost recon
    Operation Flashpoint
    Battlefield 1942

Just a list of my older fps games in my collection. Can recommend all of them.
    Never did like halflife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

If you like stategie games games Civillisation 3 and the expanison pack Conquests are really good for the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

fluffer wrote:
    Grand theft auto 3.
    Star wars jedi knight(s)
    Call of Duty
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Mafia
    Ghost recon
    Operation Flashpoint
    Battlefield 1942

Just a list of my older fps games in my collection. Can recommend all of them.
    Never did like halflife.

I agree with everything there, except for the blasphemy at the end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

RuggieBear wrote:
    I agree with everything there, except for the blasphemy at the end :D

true half life is great, its a little dated now but its still a great game, i didn't like it when i first played it but once you get into it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

thanks for that info. i had a couple of those games already but i supposed i should have mentioned it earlier. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

No-one lives forever is quality and is worth about what you'd spend in macdonalds in one visit. So do yourself a favour and buy the game instead you fat bastard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Try the net and get yourself Leisure Suit Larry 7:Love for Sail Going around a cruise ship trying to bed the sexy women on board..Best Game idea ever and it is Very Very Funny!..frat house humour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

FYI (Since it's mentioned a few times): Half Life 1 'Source' will be included with the Half Life 2 Spedial Edition - should be sweeeet.

Advertisement