Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Icon Returns..And No One Cares?

Options
  • 05-10-2004 7:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Leisure Suit Larry 8 is comming hard and fast lol and nobodys even acknowledging it...Larry Laffer!..A god among men and nobody cares?..alright its Larry Lovage and he's on games consoles but still just having played the others I'm gonna get this one..I mean the guys who never made a Leisure Suit Larry 4 because they said they never would and didn't like foreplay..GENIUS!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Leisure Suit Larry 8 is comming hard and fast lol and nobodys even acknowledging it...Larry Laffer!..A god among men and nobody cares?..alright its Larry Lovage and he's on games consoles but still just having played the others I'm gonna get this one..I mean the guys who never made a Leisure Suit Larry 4 because they said they never would and didn't like foreplay..GENIUS!

I thought they were a bit crap :). WOuld be a world applause if it was Monkey Island (properly done) or Sam and Max. Or a good Indy adventure. LL8 will most likely end up being like The Sims.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

coming hard and fast huh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hmmmm.. I was going to say it was scraping the barrell in this new millenium where digging up the dead seems preferable than actually creating new characters. But it's Leisure Suit Larry, who taught me some of my earliest lines and therefore is a childhood hero.

I approve of the concept! Now. Let us all hope it is executed well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sam and Max
    Speaking of which, the team that worked on the second Sam & Max have started a new adventure games company, it's called TellTale Games.If you look at the products page of their site:
    We've quietly begun development on an exciting license that we can't wait to tell you about! Well, actually we HAVE to wait to tell you about it, but we can tell you it's something many of you already know and love, and that Telltale's only a part of the exciting things that are brewing around it. If you've enjoyed any of the products we've helped create in the past, you're sure to love this one! Check back frequently, or join our mailing list to find out when the big announcement will be! And please, no peeking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Leisure suit larry kinda sucked tbh. I played 1 and 2, 2 was alright, but the fact they didnt have a point and click interface killed it. Also i couldnt get past that damn bit with the bees and it pissed me off lol.
    Still he was cool back in the day, hopefully itll be a decent adventure game as theres been a shortage of them lately. But yeah, id much prefer a new monkey island/indiana jones adventure. Whatever happened to lucasarts?? They could do no wrong in the 16bit days, indy, monkey, zak mccracken, maniac mansion...now pretty much everything they make sucks donkey balls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sprechen sie deutsch??

or wait till later for English one.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

Good old Larry Laffer. The hours I spent as a child chasing around looking for a bottle of Spanish fly, falling out of a hookers apartment window into a dumpster, and finding a pack of prophalatics. Do you remember the Indian shopkeeper? Lubbers? hehe, good memories. I will be buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Crazy game tbh, iv been playing it for the last 2 months, the mini games kinda suck and get really repetitive, theres some nice loading screens with real models ;) but some of the...erm comedy moments if you can call them that...are not all that bad..quite a cheesy game tbh and a lot of risque stuff in it...but then again it is larry :cool:

CC

Advertisement