Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blockbusters Question

Options
  • 05-10-2004 9:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭

I was watching a repeat of Blockbusters on Challange T.V. last night who are showing it again and a question came to me that I used to wonder about when it was originally on. Why are there 2 people on one team against only one person on the other, do they stick someone who is supposed to be very intelligent against two mediocre people ? Don't think that's it judging from last nights episode !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

To offset the fact that the 2player team have get a longer string of hexagons to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yeah the single player goes down the board and the team go across - even though I think there is only one place difference. Also if you were on your own you got to keep the walkman and the camping equipment if you won a few goldruns.

"I`ll have a P please bob" - never ceased to be amusing even after 2000000 shows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Not as amusing as the story about how Holness used to play James Bond on radio and was even considered for the role in Dr.No at one point before a certain Scotsman landed it.

Point being I always kept my ears open (more in hope) for Bob to one day ask the question 'Which 'C' stole my dream job?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭climaxer

I always wanted the white team to win which was the person on their own as I used to pity them on their own and always thought it wasn't fair that the team with two players only had to get one more hexagon.

Also remember the poor guy who got mixed up with words and gave the answer orgasm instead of organism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I remember a documentary about blockbusters being on about 10+ years ago, where Bob was asked why it was 2 against 1, he replied that it was something to do with seeing if two heads were better than one - honest.

Also, a class t-shirt I saw once, had Bob on the blockbusters quizmaster podium and he was holding a little pill, and the caption was "I'll have an E please Bob"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

Anyone see the Ant and Dec version they did of Blockbusters last year? Was very amusing :D

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

I did! I nearly wet myself laughing at it.

She did fairly well out of it didn't she! I thought it was gas when they brought out the girl(s) (must stop drinking petrol) she nearly fell off the stage!

:D:D:D Was deadly. Fair play to Bob, he was a great sport!

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Sky One ran a series of Blockbusters a year or two ago, but with Lisa Tarbuck hosting. It was dire. :(

I saw it. I wish I didn't see it. Tarbuck ruined it :(

Which B is a term Dustin would use to describe something that isn't good?

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement