Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy XI Online

Options
  • 04-10-2004 9:40pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive just after downloading the Final Fastasy XI benchmark test from squares website and was blown away with what I saw, I am interested in buying this game now but wondering does anyone here own it and how good is it? Ive got eircom broadband and wondering will it play well online since most of the servers are in usa and japan. Is there any seperate offline play or is it all online?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Gonzo wrote:
    Ive just after downloading the Final Fastasy XI benchmark test from squares website and was blown away with what I saw, I am interested in buying this game now but wondering does anyone here own it and how good is it? Ive got eircom broadband and wondering will it play well online since most of the servers are in usa and japan. Is there any seperate offline play or is it all online?

Check the Massivley Multiplayer forum :)

It's great, I've been playing it for a while. The servers are mixed, so you'd be playing with US and JP players. There's no offline mode, and will be fine on a broadband connection.

If you're interested in a copy, I have a spare one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

I know people who used to play on american servers on a dialup. It's just slow when you get into town in front of the auction house because there are so many people there so broadband is fine. Like what moridin said, there's usually a mix of people playing it. Lots of japanese players in the morning hours and I've seen a few italians and UK players.

Advertisement