Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X box Live - Please advise

Options
  • 04-10-2004 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭

Hi,

I have an xbox and a broadband connection which runs on my computer in an upsatirs room. My xbox is downstairs. I was wondering about a few things.
    Once I get the Xbox Live starter kit can I,
    1) Just disconnect the modemn and attach it to the xbox dowstairs. Will it work this way.
    2) How do I get a wireless application onto my existion set up which is a broadband router connected to my computer via a usb hub. Do i just get a wireless assembley point and bobs your Uncle.

I would appreciate any help with this matter. I am etching to get onto live A.S.A.P.

Cheers,

Ice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Ice27 I'll try to answer your question, which Bb provider are you using and what type of bradband modem.

I'm with IOLBB and I have a BB moden with both ethernet and USB connections, I use the ethernet connection through an ehternet hub.

If your modem has an RJ45 ethernet connection you can just hook it straght up to your xbox, if not than you could try sharing your connection via network card on your pc although i ahve heard this is unreliable.

you may need to buy a new BB modem and if this is the case you could go for one with both ethernet connections and wireless, this way you could use a wireless connection card on your xbox to talk to your bb modem/wireless/hub.

Advertisement