Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warhammer 40k:Fire Warrior

Options
  • 04-10-2004 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Need help trying to get into the head of the titan to blow it up. Have placed the bombs on both knees and the torso but can't get into the head. I have pressed the button on the door but I think that I need to press another button but can't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

www.gamefaqs.com - its the mac daddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

Thanks alot retrOgamer. Really Appreciated. Do you have the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I got stuck there too and gave up, as the game is rather pants tbh, the game just felt all wrong..... nice plasma gun though. Big disappointment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do you have the game?

Nope

Dawn Of War is the closest to what a Warhammer game should be in my opinion. It's a RTS. A first person shooter was never going to work in the way alot of warhammer gamers would like. I'd prefer something like Age Of Empires or Command & Conquer, where you get a complete overview of the battlefield and control your army there. What do you think about that?

• Advertisement

Dawn of War is indeed brilliant. In fact I'd go so far as to say its the best RTS since Starcraft (I prefer blizzard style RTS games). A FPS in the 40K world should work. Fire Warrior from what I played of it was an average production. The Space Hulk games were rather scrumptious if i remember.

The whole point of warhammer is to collect, build and battle.

Imagine a game where, you have a certain amount of points to build an army. You paint the army any colours you like, create an history for the army and model to you specific style of gameplay.

It's basically the real thing less the cost of all the models and paints. It would also be alot quicker to start battling.

Ah, but you could do it on a computer whats the point buying and painting all those figures ;)

Because it introduces people who don't have the money to go out and buy loads of figures to experience the whole world of warhammer

Well while I cant argue that Dawn of War is a good game (bloody superb if I do say so), but I still really enjoyed Chaos Gate and Final Liberation. While by no means are they absorbing atmospheric pieces of gaming genius, they were fun, they were tactical, and they were very addictive. Its just a real real shame theres no patch to get Chaos Gate working under XP, as I would really love to play through the campaign again.

• Advertisement

I'm sorry that I can't do anything for you on that front. While I haven't played any Warhammer games previously to Fire Warrior, they do sound good.

What is Dawn Of War like?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

I hated chaos gate tbh - final liberation was fun but personally i love space hulk and space crusade - you really do get good tactics and fun out of it :)

shadow of the horned rat is interesting but the graphics are absolutely ancient

I missed Space Hulk completely im afraid, I used to see it in the sega saturn magasines and go 'wow, what a game, I have to buy that'....... needless to say I never did get around to it, and I sort of forgot it with time, always wanted to play that game, heard a lot about it recently (dawn of war sparked the GW fans it seems :)).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive onlyplayed the demo of Dawn of War,its very good but the Daddy of strategy games imo is Rome Total War.

Advertisement