Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raised floor board

Options
  • 03-10-2004 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed recently under the carpet in one of the bedrooms, that one of the floor boards is raised up like its warped more than the rest causing a uneven surface across the floor.

I haven't had the chance yet to pull up the carpet and inverstigate further.

Would this just be a case of the board warping under normal expansion or contraction? I'm hoping it's nothing constructional.

The floor board is in the box room and runs at the same line that the box starts at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A couple of possibilities.

(a) it's been like that for a long time and you haven't noticed it under the carpet.

(b) if it's a newish house, drying and temperature have warped the board.

(c) if there is a source of dampness, this is causing warping.

Assumming you are happy there are no pipes or wires at that point (there shouldn't, but ...) a few screws should sort it, finishing off with a sander if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I think you're right on #1 Victor. The house is 8 yrs old and was always used as a bedroom and the bed covered that area where the board is but has recently been converted into an office and now I'm just noticing it. I'd say the board warped years back and has never been noticed until now.

Advertisement