Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peoples republic of cork

Options
  • 02-10-2004 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

For those of you who know about that you may be interested in this article.

Some brosers will automatically scale i down but it is perfectly readable, there is an interesting comment there about the Peoples republic of cork

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Good article!

On a slightly related note, is it normal to call a Cork GAA team "PRC" ?

I was surprised to hear Grainne Seoige on Sky News Ireland refer to a Cork hurler as "the PRC full forward" a few weeks ago. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bells of shandon

Something strange has happened at the PROC. Once a forum for anarchists and dissenters, it is now a conservative, politically correct forum.
    It is mainly concerned about the esthetics of West Cork black puddings, midnight masturbators and the farting capacity of its numbnut contributors.
    All harmless and no danger t o the Establishment, as they vent endlessly and are distracted by irrelevancies.

Dare to venture into any criticism of the agenda of the liberal fascists and they swarm and you are banned with little or contrived explanation.
    Either a change in Admin has occurred, political or commercial pressure has been applied or an organised group of libtards have succeeded in shutting down debate on their cult beliefs, of multiculturism,diversity.mass immigration and the corrupt Irish political cabal.
    I have had the honour of being banned twice ,for 4 months and on returning for 2 months, after lasting 4 days.
    You do not have to be paranoid to believe that they are watching you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

It used to be a good site.But a small handful of posters ruined it.It's a shame.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

:confused:...a 15 yr old thread....seriously...?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

It used to be a good site.But a small handful of posters ruined it.It's a shame.

Who, the boys oh boys?

The Proc died when online dating went mainstream and onto apps, and Facebook became widespread. What sustained the whole thing was that you had a bunch of people in their 20s and 30s debating stuff during the day at work, whilst copping off behind the scenes after meetups.

The brave new generation don’t need message board PMs to cop off online, and can’t enjoy the mystery of meeting up with someone who ‘doesn’t have any photos online’ or could only provide a grainy pixelated photo via MMS.

There’s simply no need for that kind of IRC-era online flirting and meetup-hookups now, tinder has taken it off the table. For those that enjoyed a windup, why bother when you can annoy even more strangers on social media, and have them extend the annoyance to their friends.

That’s my theory anyway, once the mainstays grew out of it, there was never going to be a next generation of the same ilk, because they didn’t need it. No-one needs to tout their geopolitical nous against other men to fight against the 1:8 women to men ratio. Men are now living like kings on tinder, the tables of online romance have turned in the brave new world of here I am, take it or leave it, as online hookups are now only taboo to your sexual heath clinic.

I still quite like message boards for discussing the world and hobbies, hence you see me here, but my tolerance for that goop is long gone, and I take my work life far more seriously now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

It will always have the lad who took a dump in a box on the side of the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 cronjob78

Something strange has happened at the PROC. Once a forum for anarchists and dissenters, it is now a conservative, politically correct forum.
    It is mainly concerned about the esthetics of West Cork black puddings, midnight masturbators and the farting capacity of its numbnut contributors.
    All harmless and no danger t o the Establishment, as they vent endlessly and are distracted by irrelevancies.

Dare to venture into any criticism of the agenda of the liberal fascists and they swarm and you are banned with little or contrived explanation.
    Either a change in Admin has occurred, political or commercial pressure has been applied or an organised group of libtards have succeeded in shutting down debate on their cult beliefs, of multiculturism,diversity.mass immigration and the corrupt Irish political cabal.
    I have had the honour of being banned twice ,for 4 months and on returning for 2 months, after lasting 4 days.

I wish more Irish discussion forums would show tolerance towards users with deeply intolerant, ignorant and often racist, views that are based on conjecture, hearsay, rumour, reductionism and conspiracy rather than an endless stream of rational, reasoned and well-informed discussion void of profanity and xenophobic mud slinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Hi Gemma, how are the unicorns?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Politically correct"

Yeah right... A few genuine commentators and an absolute shower of imbeciles with an unfortunate case of verbal diarrhoea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,612 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Head on over to politics.ie . You'll find plenty of kindred spirits over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bells of shandon

cronjob78 wrote: »
    I wish more Irish discussion forums would show tolerance towards users with deeply intolerant, ignorant and often racist, views that are based on conjecture, hearsay, rumour, reductionism and conspiracy rather than an endless stream of rational, reasoned and well-informed discussion void of profanity and xenophobic mud slinging.

Its called Democracy and Free Speech is at its core.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Its called Democracy and Free Speech is at its core.

You have a right to free speech.
    Everyone else has a right to not listen.
    Everyone else has a right to call out ignorance, xenophobia, bigotry and racism where they see it - even if they are wrong (free speech, see?).
    And privately owned websites have the right to silence or ban you even if it's just because they feel like it.

None of this has any bearing on free speech or democracy.

In my experience, the only people who harp on about free speech and censorship bla bla bla are racists, sexists, xenophobes, bigots and general arseholes.

If I now put you on ignore, am I impinging on your rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Acosta

cronjob78 wrote: »

Considering the amount of hate speech tolerated on that forum, I wonder what yer man said to get himself banned.

It's a complete kip and If the owners of the site are happy with that then so be it. I just wish they wouldn't plaster PROC related stuff all over town. Whoever is giving them premission would want to have a look at that forum.

• Site Banned Posts: 17 Bumper Mannix

Acosta wrote: »
    Considering the amount of hate speech tolerated on that forum, I wonder what yer man said to get himself banned.

It's a complete kip and If the owners of the site are happy with that then so be it. I just wish they wouldn't plaster PROC related stuff all over town. Whoever is giving them premission would want to have a look at that forum.

Can you give an example of some of the hate speech on that site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭Acosta

Can you give an example of some of the hate speech on that site?

I'm not going on that forum. There's usually plenty of nasty stuff spewed over multiple threads if you want to look for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Acosta wrote: »
    I'm not going on that forum. There's usually plenty of nasty stuff spewed over multiple threads if you want to look for yourself.

You're talking about the Man Utd thread aren't you?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've taken a look at the PROC web forums and IMO it is populated by mouthy idiots - nearly all lonely middle aged men who have no life and have drink/substance abuse issues, have huge chips on their shoulders and are generally sexually frustrated and pretty angry at the world.

The good thing is they seem to attack each other in a merry go round of misery, so best leave them to it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

where do I sign up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Wow, that actually sounds like me too. Apart from the chip-on-my-shoulder, how dare you suggest....

Oh, wait. Actually they all apply to me.

• Advertisement

Some (many) of those posters were the same person :D
    And the BoB's; absolute spam merchants.

Absolutely EPIC pissups though and great 5-a-side ball. The real early days of social media, when having "internet friends" was still considered completely weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

PROC is on its last legs just the same few people posting to keep it going most are long gone. Think it needed some sterner policing it has some excellent banter back in the golden days.

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    PROC is on its last legs just the same few people posting to keep it going most are long gone. Think it needed some sterner policing it has some excellent banter back in the golden days.

New members have to make a €10 donation to charity to be able to join, if I am right.

The 2000-2007(ish) crowd are all mid 30s to 50s now so kinda past the piss up banter stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭MrDerp

New members have to make a €10 donation to charity to be able to join, if I am right.

The 2000-2007(ish) crowd are all mid 30s to 50s now so kinda past the piss up banter stage :D

My vintage, we might have attended a couple of pissups in common.

But yeah, very definitely past it and banter is just inner monologue now

MrDerp wrote: »
    My vintage, we might have attended a couple of pissups in common.

There are still pics of a few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Once a forum for anarchists and dissenters, it is now a conservative, politically correct forum

Dare to venture into any criticism of the agenda of the liberal fascists

or an organised group of libtards have succeeded in shutting down debate on their cult beliefs, of multiculturism,diversity.mass immigration and the corrupt Irish political cabal.
    Seriously, seek help. That is not a joke.

Also, do yourself a favour and try to figure out what liberalism and conservatism are, and that they are not the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hawkeye67

PRoC has been offline for 3 or 4 days now.

Have the authorities or its mods closed it down??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Not 3/4 was looking at it last night not sure whats going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭opti76

Some (many) of those posters were the same person :D
    And the BoB's; absolute spam merchants.

Absolutely EPIC pissups though and great 5-a-side ball. The real early days of social media, when having "internet friends" was still considered completely weird.
    the good old days ....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

some good lads on there, but sadly the mods were a bunch of insecure morons.
    Banned me for criticizing the appalling cork hurling and football teams once and every post i made after that was not visible or put on premod without being approved, and was openly accused me of not being from cork as apparently no cork person could ever dislike cork.

If that is not insecure parochial mental illness I dont know what is.

When it is back up and running, these posts will end up on there as that place spends most of its time discussing here these days

Advertisement