Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggest me a controller for my pc.

Options
  • 02-10-2004 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have the play.com ps2/usb converter thing and its great for Pro Evo 3 and pro evo 4 when it is out for pc.

But I tried playing NHL 2005 with it and it just keeps scrolling through the menu repeatedly. I know it is a universal fault as I found this post on the internet.
    http://forums.thetechguys.com/archive/index.php/t-8928.html

But can anyone recommend one which would be good and not too expensive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i had the same problem in NFS:U with my gamecube joypad and adapter:rolleyes:
    EA are such a bunch of lazy mofos.

(erm... i don't have any suggestions, just felt like bitching about EA's crappy joypad support)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

The Microsoft SideWinder is one of the best buget controllers out there, you can pic it up for like ten euros these days, try argos or any of the high st stores or just google for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Logitech Ps2 clone from argos at €30 is my pad of choice atm, works ine verything and is umm a PS2 pad bascialy.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

KdjaC wrote:
    Logitech Ps2 clone from argos at €30 is my pad of choice atm, works ine verything and is umm a PS2 pad bascialy.

kdjac
    Two votes for the Logitech PS2 clone.
    Great joypad indeed.
    Have the regular and have just bought the rumble version also.
    Excellent stuff.

KdjaC wrote:

kdjac

Havent used it myself .. but the SideWinder for a tenner , ya cant go wrong... it has the same buttons as PS2 aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I use a rockfire playstation2=>>USB pad converter... I wub it... never had any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I'd say go for the original microsoft sidewinder, very comfortable pad to use, though i don't know what it's like for some games, i mostly played grim fandango and the likes with it. I'm talking about the 11 button game port one not the newer usb ones, they just don't seem as nice to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

hav to say the saitek p880 rocks, its really like the ps2 controller duel analog etc. Picked mine up in game a while ago for 20 euro, which is the cheapest i've found (even online). Works well with nhl 2005, make sure that the 'shift' key is turned on to use it properly with the digital control. Thing i dont like about that game is u cant change the modifier key ???? ea are stoopid sometimes

I'd say go for the original microsoft sidewinder, very comfortable pad to use, though i don't know what it's like for some games, i mostly played grim fandango and the likes with it. I'm talking about the 11 button game port one not the newer usb ones, they just don't seem as nice to me.

Have to agree, the SideWinder supports every game (evey one i play anyway) maybe because its by Microsoft i dont know.. but its brilliant never caused me any problems and for a tenner tbh. :D

Advertisement