Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a irish FTV card

Options
  • 01-10-2004 8:09pm
    Site Banned Posts: 29

hi all
    i am looking for a FTV card from ireland, i am from ireland but i am liveing in the UK now for the last few years. So where could get a irish FTV to view RTE,TV3. Can anyone help me at all?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

There is no FTV card for Irish channels. You will need to get an Irish sky subscription, family pack or higer, to get the RTE's, TV3 and TG4. No other way.

• Site Banned Posts: 29 mayoman1976

ah yes i know, sorry i should have sead SKY irish card that is still registered in ireland, and working ok.

ah yes i know, sorry i should have sead SKY irish card that is still registered in ireland, and working ok.
    Once the sub is cancelled on an Irish card the RTE and TV3 channels disappear.
    They are only on an Irish Sky subscription to family pack or higher.
    So you would need to "pretend" to sky that you are living in Ireland and pay an Irish sub through a credit card for example(which can be English) and have the sky account from an Irish address.
    Alternatively you could subscribe to Sky in the UK and swap your card with someone in Ireland who wants ITV etc via a UK sub.
    They give you their Irish card and you give them yours.
    You both ring sky giving in your case his Irish box as your *cough* new second hand box and get your UK card paired to his Irish box and he does the same for you.
    Voila he in Ireland is watching your UK channels and you are watching his Irish channels to whatever package ye are both on.
    You will need to post each others cards to each other in order to do this-so there will be downtime while you wait to have each others cards.If you post on a monday, you should have each others cards by the following friday.
    You will also have to have all the details of your respective boxes as you will be asked version numbers card numbers etc etc when you are doing the re-pairing

Anyone that wishes to negotiate with each other to follow that procedure please do so via pm and not in this thread or I will have to lock it and remove the posts.

• Site Banned Posts: 29 mayoman1976

i think that it sounds to much work and could cost a lot at the same time i think, but thank you for your reply anyway.

Advertisement