Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luas ticket validity

Options
  • 01-10-2004 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭

I am wondering if the "All Zone" (daily or weekly) Luas tickets that you pick up on the green line give you the ability to travel on the red line as well?

The Luas website is vague about this. I will be getting a weekly ticket next week and on Friday I am getting a train from Hueston. So taking the red line to and from the centre of town would make sense if I don't have to pay anything else.

Anyone got any information on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

no idea but being ireland you probably have to pay seperate for both and a handling fee aswell. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

An all-zone ticket would imply that its vaild in all zones Red and Green!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The tickets work on both. You can buy a ticket from Sandyford to Tallaght. Obviously you have to walk the bit in the middle!

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

So does that mean that Sandyford to Heuston is the same fare as Sandyford to Stephen's Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

I don't know.... if you use the Luas.ie website to calculate your fare, a single Sandyford to Balally (within Green 3) costs €1.30, to Ranelagh (within Green 2) costs €1.60, to Harcourt or Stephen's Green (within Central 1) costs €2.00, but to Connolly or Museum or Heuston (within Central 1) costs €1.80. Fatima to Rialto (within Red 2) costs €2.00, to Kylemore (wthin Red 3) costs €2.20, and to Tallaght (within Red 4) costs €2.40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Yoda wrote:
    I don't know.... if you use the Luas.ie website to calculate your fare, a single Sandyford to Balally (within Green 3) costs €1.30, to Ranelagh (within Green 2) costs €1.60, to Harcourt or Stephen's Green (within Central 1) costs €2.00, but to Connolly or Museum or Heuston (within Central 1) costs €1.80. Fatima to Rialto (within Red 2) costs €2.00, to Kylemore (wthin Red 3) costs €2.20, and to Tallaght (within Red 4) costs €2.40.

Sounds like the website is inaccurate, doesn't surprise me the whole website seemed pretty crap last time I looked.

Next time you are at the stop take a look at the fares on the ticket machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,310 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sliabh wrote:
    I am wondering if the "All Zone" (daily or weekly) Luas tickets that you pick up on the green line give you the ability to travel on the red line as well?
    It would appear they are valid.

"Flexi tickets are All Zone tickets: 1 Day, 7 Day or 30 Day tickets are valid anywhere on Luas." http://www.luas.ie/document/index.asp?head=3#76
    Yoda wrote:
    to Harcourt or Stephen's Green (within Central 1) costs €2.00, but to Connolly or Museum or Heuston (within Central 1) costs €1.80
    Built-in contra charge for shoe leather? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭D8 boy

Tarabuses wrote:
    So does that mean that Sandyford to Heuston is the same fare as Sandyford to Stephen's Green?

YES - according to the Luas ticket machines. From a Green line stop you can select Heuston (or Connonlly, etc.) as your destination and pay the same as for Stephen's Green. They're all in zone "Central 1".

Also if you try to buy a ticket to somewhere in one of the Red zones, i.e beyond Heuston, you get a warning that a 15-min walk is involved. The machine will even show you a little map of the route to the Abbey stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

D8 boy wrote:
    ... if you try to buy a ticket to somewhere in one of the Red zones, i.e beyond Heuston, you get a warning that a 15-min walk is involved. The machine will even show you a little map of the route to the Abbey stop.

Whatever happened the link buses that were supposed to run from the Green to Abbey St?

Bus link? News to me!

Walking it is a pain in the butt!

EXTEND THE GREEN LINE TO O'CONNELL STREET!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Via?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Careful what you start there Yoda!

The whole interconnector/metro war had just gone quiet for a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

vinnyfitz wrote:
    Whatever happened the link buses that were supposed to run from the Green to Abbey St?

You mean apart from all the regular buses that link the two already?

My propsal:

St. Stephens Green (stop) - Dawson Street (stop) - Nassua Street - College Green - Westmorland Street (Stop) - O'Connell Street (stop - Green) where there would be a triangler junction connecting with the red line.

This is bascially what was propsed first by CIE before Mary got her way.

Traffic alts:
    Dawson Street: One car traffic lane turn right onto Nassua Street, Tram / Bus lane.

Nassua Street - Grafton Street: Tram / Buses only.

The above two areas are the pinch points of the proposal - there is enough room in Westmorland street - O'Connell Bridge / Street to fit the tracks.

Service to be operated:

Green Line:

Alternate trams operate Sandyford - Connolly and Sandyford - Heuston and vice-versa.

Red Line: Tallaght - Connolly.
    The Connolly - Heuston "shorts" would be withdrawn - the paths for these services would be used by the green line trams to / from Sandyford / Connolly - Heuston.

This has the benefit of keeping the two tram fleets apart (if the 30mtrs aren't extended to 40 mtrs) while connecting the two lines.

Suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

D8 boy wrote:
    Also if you try to buy a ticket to somewhere in one of the Red zones, i.e beyond Heuston, you get a warning that a 15-min walk is involved. The machine will even show you a little map of the route to the Abbey stop.

Does that mean that there isn't a 15-min walk when travelling from Sandyford to Heuston? :rolleyes:

Advertisement