Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey Norman XBOX €99 when you preorder Halo2

Options
  • 01-10-2004 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

Heard on the Radio this morning that when you pre-order Halo 2 at Harvey Norman you can get an Xbox for €99 there are T&C's but I don't know what they are and as I don't live near one of there stores I won't be able to check.

Maybe this should go in the Bargain Alerts Board if anyone else heard this add and can confirm what I heard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

where are these stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

One in airside retail park in Swords, another in Dundalk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hmm. I've been lookin for an excuse to buy an xbox (hard to justify with a ps2 sitting under the TV already) and I'm only a stones throw from a Harvey Norman.

Go Harvey go!

I'll post back tomoz when I find out what T&Cs are...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

What's the usual RRP for an xbox these days? I'm considering one as well now that most of my mates have 'em.

Not sure...maybe 145 or so? Play.com are offering it for 159 delivered to your door...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I think they're abt €150 with a game in town - they have offers in Smyths and HMV...

I didn't think play shipped hardware outside of the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

they dont

Stephen wrote:
    I didn't think play shipped hardware outside of the UK?
    My mistake...
    and here was me thinking we were living in the 21st century :rolleyes: .

Amazon then, for a little more since they add surcharge for console delivery.

after poking about gamestop's meagre website - they seem to have a couple of decent enough offers on new xboxen (considering the RRP for the console by itself):

Buy an Xbox Console and get any 2 classic or used games, plus €50 worth of vouchers, for only €169.99!

Buy an Xbox Console, a controller and any game, plus get €50 worth of free vouchers, for only €199.99!

I know the vouchers are a bit crappy since you can only use them one at a time and they give you a heap of €5 ones. How much does the xbox controller retail for? Their poxy site neglects to say. (I'll be needing 2 of those anyways)

• Advertisement

The radio add I heard was that it was €99 including the game which I presume comes later being a pre order thus if its your first x box you will be buying another game there...

With the game thrown in, that leaves the x box very cheap.

The offer ends tomorrow too and is very tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭ASTRACLUB

i have bought from argos

X-BOX console(with one standard controller)+an additional controller+one steering wheel controller+one foot padel controller+3 games from argos
    all for €199. they have this scheme still runing.
    The only thing i hate about it is the color. I have all equipment in silver color except this box.

so i really hate this one as whole setting looks ugly now because of this yoke.

Bill, Bill, Bill Can you not make it silver/black/red.
    i know there is a special edition green box.
    but that is basic, Bill(Gates) and you must think that way.
    can anyone forward this to Bill Gates as product improvement.

Rgds

D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The crystal xbox that was limited edition will be going on sale again for the same price as a normal xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Furp

Astraclub www.decalgirl.com have skins for Xboxes at quite good prices available in lots of different colors and designs.

So you can make you xbox and controller whatever color you want, I like the mirror chrome finish.

xbox-mc-470.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭full forward

So did anyone check out the Harvey Norman deal? Does the €99 include Halo 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Now i'm only speculating here but i doubt it.

Normal xbox price is €150ish and Halo2 will be €60ish.....would have been the bargain of the year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 abgeurteilt

The deal is when you "Pre-order" Halo 2 , you get an Xbox for €99 .

So the Xbox is €99 and Halo 2 is €60 (ish). It still is a bloody good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

Furp wrote:
    Astraclub www.decalgirl.com have skins for Xboxes at quite good prices available in lots of different colors and designs.

So you can make you xbox and controller whatever color you want, I like the mirror chrome finish.

xbox-mc-470.jpg

I got that 'mod kit' (it is just stickers really) while it looks better now and matches the TV, DVD and Stand it is not quite as Chrome looking as the picture, but good all the same.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

RuggieBear wrote:
    Now i'm only speculating here but i doubt it.

Normal xbox price is €150ish and Halo2 will be €60ish.....would have been the bargain of the year :D
    Just about...

All "SRP" and in euro...

Xbox normal console - 149.99
    Xbox "crystal" console, with "crystal" controller - 149.99
    Single "crystal" Xbox controller - 39.99
    Halo "Limited Collector’s Edition" - 64.99
    Halo (normal edition) - 59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the crystal xbox will be 159.99.

• Advertisement

Well regardless of it being a good deal or not, I went over to Harvey's in Dundalk early sunday, and after standing in line for 10 minutes with an empty box was told that the offer stock had long since sold out.

Only really saving 50 quid but still...

On that subject do they know something we don't? ie is another price drop likely to boost pre Xmas sales? I really can't see how basically giving away Halo2 for a tenner as a pre-order does the store any favours: maybe as a means to get people into the shop to begin with but it's a funny thing to run with as a loss leader...

evad_lhorg wrote:

I wasn’t saying what price people will, or will not, get ripped off at.

So, I'll repeat - this time a direct copy and paste from a Microsoft press release...

Available across Ireland from October 8th, the “crystal clear” console comes with a crystal controller and will retail for €149.99 (SRP).

That’s the suggested retail price, estimated street price, recommended retail price, the price you shouldn't pay above, or whatever!

Oh, and it’s subject to MS not making a mistake on two different press releases; one dated 27 September, the other dated 05 October – and that’s just a day ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

So couldnt you just buy the Crystal Xbox from Amazon for £96.98 which is €140 :D. Course that doesn't include shipping

evad_lhorg wrote:
    After looking at another post of yours, I've just remembered you work for Game... will they be charging 10 euro above the SRP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Ronan wrote:
    I got that 'mod kit' (it is just stickers really) while it looks better now and matches the TV, DVD and Stand it is not quite as Chrome looking as the picture, but good all the same.

how long did that skin take to deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

monument wrote:
    After looking at another post of yours, I've just remembered you work for Game... will they be charging 10 euro above the SRP?

I'm just back from Game on Dawson st and i can confirm that the crystal xbox will be €159.99. Nice fellas told me that it will be bundled with a game but that it's a secret.... :)

Advertisement