Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

good television set?

Options
  • 18-09-2000 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

I'm bored and have cash to spare; need to purchase somthing and a new tv came to mind (currently have a wee 21" its grand but doesnt have nicam or anything)

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well if you have enough to cover 600 quid or so, go for the Phillips Black Line S 32" Widescreen. Cost me 850 in January, last I heard they were 650 that was a couple of months back. Got mine in Dixons in Jervis centre, price and range in there seems good.

Has Nicam Stereo, fully automated yadda yadda all the usual doodahs that you get nowadays - I love it smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Yossarian

only 650 quid??
    How come there so cheap?
    Any 32" widescreen tv's ive seen have been around 1500 quid.

Stephen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

It's the only 32" i've seen for under a thousand - the screen isnt flat, it's normal telly shape and it's a fair bit bigger than some of the slim yokes you see nowadays.

But the picture and sound kick ass, which is the main thing smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i'll get anyone who wants one a 28" for 300 quid. 12 month garuntee.
    but youd want to ask me in the next 2 days coz im off on holidays on saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

well thats just great smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I got this baby nearly 2 years ago for 1600 squids with the stand...same price still in BT's ....got 10% off it and the matching video in their post-christmas sale...and got a nice silver DVD under there now too...
    I love it anyway...so there tongue.gif

32pw9523m.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

show off smile.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

NIce look'n
    when can I come over ? biggrin.gif

in the end.. I'm the last one standing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement