Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie by numbers

Options
  • 01-10-2004 12:18am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here are some aimless facts about boards.ie (and some lies for good measure):

The member population of boards.ie currently stands at 26,318:
      boards.ie passes out the
    entire population of Leitrim (which stands at 25,799) by 519 people.
      If each of these 26,318 members were to buy a bowler hat, it would cost a lot of money and would achieve nothing, really.
      The amount of people registered on boards.ie is more than
    twice that in the Irish Defence Forces, currently around 10,900 people.
      It is also double the number of Gardai Síochána which stands at 11,747.
      There are currently 7,495 (or there abouts) accounts with no posts at this moment!
      It is suspected that 87% of these accounts belong to bubbles.

There are currently 1,859,225 posts on boards.ie:
      It has taken around 6 years to come this close to the 2 million mark, at the current rate (16,843 posts last week) it will take around 2 years to double that figure.

Random Admin Fact!
    A little known fact is that "ecksor" is actually Rosemary Scallon

Other Facts:
      Generally the most popular times for boards.ie are between 9 and 10 AM, and 1 PM.
      The second most popular visitor origin is the United States of America (18.3%), with the UK coming in third with 16.1%.

**Fun Time**
    Can you name the user who posted the following infamous quote?
    "lol!"
    Answers on a postcard. Winner will recieve a Christmas ham.

Random User Fact!
    "flogen" has too much spare time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

flogen wrote:

The member population of boards.ie currently stands at 26,318:

boards.ie passes out the

Yes, but under the government's decentralisation plans, we're transfering 4,500 posters from boards to Leitrim, tipping the scales back in the favour of the county.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Random Admin Fact!

so that wasn't ecksor i gave my subscriber money to.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

if we organised ourselves we could probably over throw the government and Dev could finally take his rightful place as King of Ireland (or King of Boardania as it will come to be known)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

It has taken around 6 years to come this close to the 2 million mark, at the current rate (16,843 posts last week) it will take around 2 years to double that figure.

Jeebus Crisps!

Really? Its growing that fast?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

What'd be fun is if the admins put together a census and all us regular Boardies could fill it in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

flogen wrote:
      The amount of people registered on boards.ie is more than
    twice that in the Irish Defence Forces, currently around 10,900 people.
    If you only count the PDF, yes. Add the RDF, NS, Slua, and the Air Corps and boards starts to look a lot smaller

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

haha, great word flogen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

if we organised ourselves we could probably over throw the government and Dev could finally take his rightful place as King of Ireland (or King of Boardania as it will come to be known)

*shudder*

Although on the bright side, poker would be compulsory...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

There are currently 7,495 (or there abouts) accounts with no posts at this moment!

Slackers! You gotta wonder why so many have taken the trouble then thought better of it.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

membership is up 49 since flogen got his stats, show yourselves newbies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Stekelly wrote:
    membership is up 49 since flogen got his stats, show yourselves newbies
    bubbles increasing his tally?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

ferdi wrote:

Rob a barstool and put in Tara...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

flogen wrote:
      boards.ie passes out the
    erm... was it Leitrim that recieved its first set of traffic lights recently?...

i mean GO TEAM!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

A few responces:

therecklessone, even if 4,500 people go to leitrim, it wont be for some time. I assume, given the growth in members already (88 in about a day and a half), boards.ie should easily out-strip them well before the move happens :D

embee... yes :D. Actually faster, the posts per week figures have risen, and there have been 5,291 posts since my above one... again, just over a day's worth :eek:
    (even if there were to be 5,291 posts every 48 hours the amount of overall posts would still double in less than two years. Best order another server just to be on the safe side :D)

Barry, yes you're right, my mistake. Including the Full time and reserve force (lncl. FDA, Air Corps, Navy etc), we have around 29,200 army personnel. That's 2794 more than the population of boards.ie, assuming the site continues to take on 88 members every day - 2 days, it will take less than 2 months to match the army person for person :D (Hail King DeV, Ruler of Boardania!)

tman, yes I think it was! Our next goal is to over-take Longford (30,166 people). I'd say that will be done by Christmas. :D

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Everyone knows Leitrim was made up by the government to attract tourists. People who say they're from Leitrim are getting a government grant to lie to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,334 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Useless spam: my postcount about matches the bottom 20,000 accounts (7,000 with none and 13,000 with one).

Of course, not every account is active, but then again neither is every member of the RDF (or Garda!).

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Naw its actually President DeV of the Peoples Republic of Boards :)

And I am the future head of the Secret Police !!! (Irons natty Black Uniform with suitably peaked cap and polishes Jackboots and Full Lenght Leather Coat)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,334 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gandalf wrote:
    Naw its actually President DeV of the Peoples Republic of Boards
    Hang on, wasn't DeV president twice already?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

/me puts Victors name on "the list"

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Jeez gandalf, you're giving the sekrit police an awful lot of work these days...

/me replaces sunglasses and fades to black...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Random Admin Fact!

so that wasn't ecksor i gave my subscriber money to.....

Its amazing what a lack of makeup can do.

Advertisement