Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knackered Digibox

Options
  • 30-09-2004 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I think my digibox is knackered. I get a no signal found message, and when I tried using a neighbours digibox I get 90% signal Quality. Any idea if these can be repaired or should I buy a new one. If I were to ring sky, would they try and sell me a new one at a hugh price. Any advice before I make a few calls.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

If you subscribe to sky they will come out and replace anything that doesnt work for a set fee which i think is less than 100 euro.You could always tell them you will cancel sub because you cant afford to pay they have been known to replace them for free .Ring them and try you have nothing to lose other than that try Ebay for secound hand ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Dont pay too much on ebay as a new box is around the €180 mark now after recent reduction

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

is it safe getting a newish box off e-bay? would it be worth getting a free to air box?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭sharkboy

I have a spare box I have sent you a pm with my email address you can have it for 30 euro.
    How long have you had Sky.
    By the way it a simple job just to ring sky and get your card joined to the new box.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

sharkboy wrote:
    I have a spare box I have sent you a pm with my email address you can have it for 30 euro.
    H

Thats a good deal, bite tha mans arm off :D

Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement