Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unprotected Sex: Risks + Rewards

Options
  • 30-09-2004 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So myself and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for a while now. Before people start freaking out we have not had unprotected sex with anyone else in previous relationships. If other people were in the same situation would they have unprotected sex ? Or if both were tested would they then have unprotected sex ? or keep using condoms ?

I don't know about what others think but sex without a condom is so much better. There is definitely a lot more sensation for both of us. Are there condoms out there that are the best for being ultra sensitive. Even the durex sensitive ones we found were crap.

Another thing, I've heard that it's mostly the "bottom" partner in sex and not the "top" that is the one at much higher risk of infection. Is there any studies to prove this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,965 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I don't have links to studies, but yes the "bottom" partner is at a much higher risk of infection (It's actually as high as 99% I believe). Lubricant is very important, so that any abrasion is minimized.

I believe it is okay to have unprotected sex with each other after being tested, though to be ulra-safe you should probably wait a certain period to give any latent viruses a chance to incubate and show up on tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

if i were u id make sure you both got tested b4 continuing to have unprotected sex, just to be safe. Then if the test results came back ok i defo think its alrite to have unprotected sex when you're in a long term relationship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Still slightly on topic here but anyway, you guys have me worried as I have unprotected sex with my gf. Can you recommend somewhere I can get tested here in Ireland? Just to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

As far as I know there's a sexual health clinic in St. James?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I don't want to have that umbrella scraping thing done though, sounds horrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,054 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Haven't been tested in St James but the GMHP clinic is good

FX Meister/Original poster the thread below should give you info on STI clinics

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=152605

Just a point to the original poster, you may trust your partner but what happens if on a drunken one night stand he sleeps with someone, personally I would never have unprotected sex

also if you get teted now and all the results come back negative you should be aware that the HIV virus has a 3 month incubation period so you should get tested again 3 months later

also here's some advice

http://www.gayhealthnetwork.ie/folder/web/html/safersexadvice1.asp

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement