Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got Resident Evil 4 Demo!

Options
  • 30-09-2004 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭

Got this with the coverdisk to the latest Famitsu.

Looks absolutley amazing. Way better than RE:MAKE and RE:0
    Aiming is a little wierd at first, but it is definatly cool. Players of console FPS games will see the biggest advantage.

Theres a good bit to do in the demo, but when you die, you have to start again from the start. You can collect chests to earn bonuses to replay the demo through with though.

The control system is still a bit clunky, but the areas are more open, and you just have to run away and re-aim, and you won't be stuck.

The different zombies run at different paces, some have weapons such as pitch-forks or axes which they throw at you, some don't. You can escape any danger pretty easily, but sometimes you have to go through a certain gate, and through 7 "Zombies" and then another 4 will run up behind you and beat your face in with no slow down, I think I saw about 12 at one point on screen. Mulitple enemies can attack at once, which is wierd for a RE game where you would usually only have to contend with one bite while the others stood back.

You have a few new moves, like kicking mulitple people in the face if they get close. Also you have a few "tap button quick" moves which trigger when grabbed and you act quick enough.

There are traps everywhere aswell. Like tripwires or beartraps hidden in long grass.

The detail on the enemies and the main characters is great, and the outdoors areas contain high res textures and colour, making everything look as it should.

Some downpoints though, the overall resolution makes the game look grainy and gets annoying with the aliasing. A HDTV version would look unbelievable.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Ye lucky barstard. It sounds very cool and it's about time they changed the awkward controls, bit clunky still though? When you think about it it's a little ridiculous that zombies have to queue up one by one to maul you in the old games. Sounds like the game is alot more fluid and fun. Not out here for aaages though isn't it? Thought I read about a 2005 release a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

any chance of getting the file for the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

i cant wait for this game, all the other resi's were great and the 2 for the gc (2, veronica and nemesis aside) were amazing. my clock is set

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Swifty wrote:
    Thought I read about a 2005 release a while ago.
    Latest release date in the States is 11th January.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/releases.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The headshots in this game rock :D

Yeh the game is fluid once you get used to the close up perspective.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

really looking forward to this one. god knows the gc needs it, with animal crossing being the only noteworthy pal release in recent months :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Giblet wrote:
    The headshots in this game rock :D
    Yes they do. I was laughing like a maniac when I saw the gameplay video with the close range shotgun headshot and the explosion of gore, skull fragments and grey matter.

Can't wait for this. I've always been a huge resi fan but they were starting to get a bit predictable. It looks gorgeous and looks like it will give Resident Evil Series the gameplay change that it needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Hopefully it'll work well with Freeloader if there's a big gap between the US and EU release.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well if te deom works with the freeloader id say the game will too

Advertisement