Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell-Cherrywood

Options
  • 30-09-2004 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey all.

I have an interview with Dell but at the moment lack my own transport. Anybody have any suggestions to get there from the city centre?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

A taxi or bus, where abouts is it anyway walking might be quicker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

The 46c runs from all the 46a bus stops, and they only run in the morning and evening

This might help you

Or This

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Optikus wrote:
    A taxi or bus, where abouts is it anyway walking might be quicker?

Cherrywood is out past loughlinstown on the way to bray, it'd take a day to walk it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

lol might still be quicker with the traffic in dublin.. joke :p

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Be aware that Dell are considering consolidating their Dublin/Bray operations in a single campus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

from city centre u can get
    the 84 or the 45 or 46c or 46
    84 and 45 are probly the most frequent

i think 7 too....... not so sure about it though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Every second bus on Route 7 from O'Connell Street (or Trinity College where I got it from :)) runs directly into the estate...got it this morning for the same reason......... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The 84 and 45 stop on the flyover, 5mns walk to Cherrywood and is much quicker than the 7 which goes through Dun Laoghaire and Ballybrack.

Is that at the entrance to the estate? I don't get out that side of town much (yet) you see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Victor wrote:
    Be aware that Dell are considering consolidating their Dublin/Bray operations in a single campus.
    And what is wrong with that? biggrin.gifThey are building 2 nice big offices beside our existing one. Rumor has it that they will be for us, Dell that is. Thing are pretty hectic at the moment, need a lot of bodies but we are bursting at the seems.

84, 45 or 7 is you best bet for sure. As has been pointed out the 7 get you closest but is a bit slow. Good luck in the interview. What are you going for?

How did your interview go Kaiser?

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

MrPudding wrote:
    And what is wrong with that? biggrin.gifThey are building 2 nice big offices beside our existing one. Rumor has it that they will be for us, Dell that is. Thing are pretty hectic at the moment, need a lot of bodies but we are bursting at the seems.

84, 45 or 7 is you best bet for sure. As has been pointed out the 7 get you closest but is a bit slow. Good luck in the interview. What are you going for?

MrP

Hi

Was thinking of going for it as well! getting a bit stale in current job.....u have any info on wat exactly you wud be doing? it all sounds great when they r hiring u but usually the job turns out to be completely different!! thanks :D

MrPudding wrote:

MrP
    ..musta done something right cause they offered me the job and I've taken it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,309 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MrPudding wrote:
    And what is wrong with that?
    Just that while he might take the job in one place, the whole kit and kaboodle might be moved in 6 months.

Big Nelly wrote:
    Hi

Was thinking of going for it as well! getting a bit stale in current job.....u have any info on wat exactly you wud be doing? it all sounds great when they r hiring u but usually the job turns out to be completely different!! thanks :D
    There are a few different departments in Cherrywood. IT is where they have their support for EMEA. The jobs range from client support up to enterprise support. The extra special Gold Support is based there as is the NOS team. They are a surprisingly good company to work for. Go for Gold Server/storage or NOS if you can.

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    ..musta done something right cause they offered me the job and I've taken it :)
    Sweet. What role?

MrP

Victor wrote:
    Just that while he might take the job in one place, the whole kit and kaboodle might be moved in 6 months.
    I think most if not all the tech jobs are in Cherrywood. Although nothing has been officially announced rumors abound. I think the general feeling is the furthest tech job will move is to a different building in Cherrywood, like 1 or both of the new buildings they are putting up.

MrP

MrPudding wrote:
    Sweet. What role?
    Server Support - initially at Bronze level (cause while I have the background fundamentals, my hands-on practical experience is a little lacking but I should be able to get up to speed quickly I hope :))

Better stop now before this gets moved to the "Work" forum :)

...but actually (to bring it back ON topic)....

I'm living in Blanch at the moment and so will need to get in and out of town in the mornings. The guys I share the house with sugest the DART/train in the morning and then a bus from there.. so:

1. Anyone who lives in Blanch/Castleknock do this?

2. Is there a combined ticket for the train/DART and the bus yet? If so how much?

3. From town, what's the best bus to get. I got the 7 before, but people here were suggesting the 45/84 as well. How far does this leave you from Cherrywood? (Bearing in mind I dont know the area at all yet)

Thanks!

Kaiser, PM me some details and I will put something up on the notice board to see if we can score you a lift. I know there are a few people out in that direction.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    Server Support - initially at Bronze level (cause while I have the background fundamentals, my hands-on practical experience is a little lacking but I should be able to get up to speed quickly I hope :))

Better stop now before this gets moved to the "Work" forum :)

...but actually (to bring it back ON topic)....

I'm living in Blanch at the moment and so will need to get in and out of town in the mornings. The guys I share the house with sugest the DART/train in the morning and then a bus from there.. so:

1. Anyone who lives in Blanch/Castleknock do this?

2. Is there a combined ticket for the train/DART and the bus yet? If so how much?

3. From town, what's the best bus to get. I got the 7 before, but people here were suggesting the 45/84 as well. How far does this leave you from Cherrywood? (Bearing in mind I dont know the area at all yet)

Thanks!

If you are getting the train you could go to Dun Laoghaire by train and then get the 7 or 111 from there. The 111 and every other 7 goes to Loughlinstown Park but it is a short walk across the overbridge from the last stop on Wyatville Road.

Otherwise the 45/84 terminus is a 2 minute walk from Tara st station towards O'Connell Bridge. The 7 stops at the last stop on O'connell St and the 145 stops on D'Olier st.

The 7 to cherrywood stops just outside the estate, as does the 46C
    The 45, 84 and 145 go along the main N11 road. From the city they stop on the overpass and to the city they stop on the main road.

The 7 and 111 to Loughlinstown stops about 5 minutes walk from the overpass on Wyatville road.

There are combined Bus/Rail tickets. 7 day €26, monthly €98, annual €850

If you are going to get the DART get it as far as Shankil. Dell run a bus from the DART station there to the front door. If you can get to the DART easily that woul dbe your best bet by far.

MrP

Cheers for all the info guys :) I think I'll have a wander down to the station in the morning and have a chat with em.

MrP - I'll PM you that info now...sorry for the delay - ironically enough I was setting up one of the PC's here in the house on our Wireless LAN - appreciate anything you can do :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement