Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp price semi-confirmed

Options
  • 29-09-2004 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

from gamespot:

"It's semi-official -- at the Tokyo Game Show, Sony confirmed to various members of the press that the PSP would indeed retail for 38,624 Yen in Japan and $349.99 here in North America. As well, PSP games (as they are disc-based) require a memory stick that itself retails for $29.99."

thats absolutely ridiculous!! if ds has the games it's gonna wipe the floor with this!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Memory cards are the work of the devil. I feel that this memory stick nonsense is just an oppurtunity for sony to sell off some of the massive failures, called memory sticks. One thing I love about my new saturn is the built-in back up ram. Memory cards are a backwards step. Especially Gamecube Memory cards which can hold about 5 save games and then there's games like F-zero and Harvest Moon that take up close to half a memory card in space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Memory cards are a backwards step. Especially Gamecube Memory cards which can hold about 5 save games and then there's games like F-zero and Harvest Moon that take up close to half a memory card in space.
    just buy a 251 slot card you cheapass :D
    used mine with 20 games now and there's still a lot left over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i have a 256 one and i have loads of saves on it.

but we're missing the point. $350 that means we will probably get it for about 370 or somethin. thats disgraceful

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't forget we're in Ireland... it'll be rounded up to €399.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

PSP? is that ps3? or a home theater console that playes PS2 games?

• Advertisement

it's sony's answer to the gameboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Jesus! 350$ for that little POS!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,162 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

the PSP = $350 and the DS = $150 - huge price difference tbh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll probably buy one when the first must have game comes out. However i won't be at all happy about paying that price (which will probably be rounded up to 400 euros in europe like some one said)

ya think?! i know what one ill be getting on launch day.

• Advertisement

well i'll be getting a DS the day it comes out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

$350 is really high, but sure, iPods retail at that price, and Sony does want this to become the next generation Walkman (shows how they're aiming high aswell). If they can pull that off successfully, it shall be impressive to say the least. Yet there is the possibility that it will be written off as some high-tech Game Boy, and the expensive price point will become a hurdle. In any case it should be interesting to see what Sony makes out of this. Whether they can turn portable gaming into something "cool" also remains to be seen.

Right now, I'll stick to the Nintendo DS. $150 (€120) is a much nicer price.

I think Sony may be aiming towards adults more than kids with the PSP despite the biggest market for the GBA being the under 18's. Either they tap an untapped market or it gets ignored due to the high price. It will be interesting. Eurogamer seemed to be fairly blown away by it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Apparently that story, originally posted via slashdot, turns out to have been a hoax.
    Any links reporting it have subsequently disappeared.

Advertisement