Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheila's Leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 29-09-2004 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Well we all know and love Sheila Gilheany but I've just found out she will be leaving us on October the 1st. My sister got a letter saying she had got a place in Entrepeneurship in Junior CTYI and in the letter Sheila said this:

'I would also like to let you know that after 11 years with CTYI I am know moving on. My colleague Colm O' Reilly, will be taking over as Acting Director from 1st October. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest in CTYI and wish you and your child happiness and fulfilment in whatever the future holds.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Sheila Gilheany'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭davethetrucker

yeah its true, my dad told me about it like a week ago. she's moving to the phyics dept. in dcu. fairly gay she was cool.

nuff respect for her controbution to ctyi.

nuff respect to colm for keeping the dream alive

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Did anyone else know what she got her doctorate in? Astrophysics! What a perfect doctorate for the Director of CTYI!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

2 and a half years old... why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Wow I posted that with an awful lot of exclaimation marks!

Exclaimation marks make my post more urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hehe back then my nick was Gummybearz!!!

And I have nothing of value to add to this thread.

Oh wiat now I did, I did a transition year ophysics programme called TPYE in Trinity last week and we were given a handout called "a day in the life of an astrophysicist" or something, and it was about Sheila Gilheany!

Was this two and a half years old? God, i'm out of touch! I was at CTYI when she left...

Still, there's nothing wrong with raking up the past every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well, judging by the timestamp on the OP: "29-09-2004, 15:39", that would make it 2 and a half years old or thereabouts?

Doesn't time fly

What's the point of rhetorical questions?

Advertisement