Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to import the DS from?

Options
  • 29-09-2004 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭

With it being released so soon and at such a cheap price ($149) in America, I've decided to import one. However, I'm obviously keen to avoid import tax and don't really want to be paying over the odds so can anyone recommend a site to buy one from? I've been stung with import tax from Lik-Sang before.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i'd say try ebay - you may or may not get stung for import tax / duty. Mor elikely though you'll get stung by the seller for some inordinant postage....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Why don't people use the search function....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Because the only two places mentioned in those threads – www.liksang.com and www.playasia.com are almost certainly going to get you stung with import charges, something, I made clear I wish to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

If you use cheap shipping from either of those you are unlikely to get charged for customs, but you will have no insurance and shipping will be slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Because the only two places mentioned in those threads – www.liksang.com and www.playasia.com are almost certainly going to get you stung with import charges, something, I made clear I wish to avoid.
    Than why not make it clear in those threads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Than why not make it clear in those threads.

Dam you beat me to it! ;)

Iv ordered frok HK before and shiped ity UPS and there was not customes problems...

Advertisement