Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where does re-cycled glass go ?

Options
  • 29-09-2004 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Where does re-cycled glass go ? If my recollection is correct did Irish Glass
    close down a number of years ago.
    Who processes re-cycled glass in Ireland now, is it exported ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I thought it was now being exported (like you, on the basis of irish Glass closing) but this page seems to indicate otherwise. There are also a number of glass recycling plants in the north, Kosmos to name one (opened about two months ago), though Kosmos are pretty small and focus on waste glass from hotels and bars.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭narommy

Alot of it goes into road building products as far as i know.

Sooooooooooooo..... stop protesting against roads and there'll be a larger market for old glass :p

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

i seen a few adds about this lately on tv
    they are saying that it goes into roads and recycled into somekind of material that is used on the floor of fish tanks and aquariums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

landfill in China somewhere probably

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

scargill wrote:
    landfill in China somewhere probably
    Doesn't make sense to ship it all the way there, probably just discharge the hoppers once they reach international waters...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Doesn't make sense to ship it all the way there, probably just discharge the hoppers once they reach international waters...
    Na, that's what Dunsink Lane is for ;)

Advertisement