Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleeves Mahoney playing Wednesday

Options
  • 28-09-2004 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭

Yes Sleeves Mahoney be there to play at the Freshers Week gig on Wednesday in the Bar, there will be plenty of other bands going around. We hit the stage between 8:30 - 9

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Downloaded "Somethings Gotta Give" from your bands website and was pleasantly surprised to hear a something I actually liked - not something that happens that often when checking out Irish bands I haven't heard before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just to confirm, it's the old bar (alpha?) @ 8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I know Dwight are also playing.
    Is there anyone else Giblet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Apparantly there are 10 bands. Though I haven't been able to find out who else...

Also, know what time the whole thing starts at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 page

were jaded sun any good? I've meant to see them at some stage but always seem to miss their gigs.

• Advertisement

Sleeves Mahony didn't play.
    Who were Jaded Sun? Didn't get the names for all the bands.
    Did they have a female singer with a tamborine? Or were they the kind of funk band with the 3 guitars dudes and a singer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

We did play, at that shíthole of a venue the New bar, slot my drummer into what is basically a glamorised bathroom and of course he is gonna be loud mr Engineer, what a totally ruined gig. Couldn't hear a thing except my drummer and singer. Amps weren't miked up, or their mikes weren't even on. Never ever playing anything in there again.

The organisation put into this gig was next to none.

Giblet wrote:
    We did play, at that shíthole of a venue the New bar, slot my drummer into what is basically a glamorised bathroom and of course he is gonna be loud mr Engineer, what a totally ruined gig. Couldn't hear a thing except my drummer and singer. Amps weren't miked up, or their mikes weren't even on. Never ever playing anything in there again.

The organisation put into this gig was next to none.
    Yea, seemed a bit ****e. Dwight, who were supposed to come on at 10:45 came on at 12:30 I think, and only got to play about 6 songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

we played, had a good laugh, but the sound wasn't the best.
    my mike didn't work for the first song at all, and he was texting and didn't notice.

jaysus.
    good crowd at though eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Who organised the gig?

• Advertisement
Advertisement