Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thursday night?

• 28-09-2004 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

heya so is everyone going for the whole day or what are people doing
    i heard quazar and since then ii cant wait
    yay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jared almasy

sounds good, goda get my ticket tomorrow, laser tag/quasar has got to be a winner there. i hear a ferris wheel is also on the cards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Prob'ly go just in the daylight hours, since everyone'll be migrating to the bar come eveningtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Zem

so it's on during the day? but thursdays my day with like all my lectures is it going on till the evening or?

it starts at 5 and im guessing it ends at about...ummmm...very late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Any word on the age limit thing? Must just be the bars are out but I can go everywhere else right?

I got into redbox but the guys in DCU would know about the "y" so I doubt I could get into the bar this time round.

• Advertisement

my guess would be that all the stuff like quasar etc... will be open to all with tickets, and then once darkness descends, lightning crashes behind, it'll be 18's^ only in the alcohol areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

well tbh i slipped two of my mates in the back doors today. Not that they weren't 18 but it was just easier this way :D

Went to get a ticket, wasn't allowed 'cause I'm under 18.

Total bollocks tbh. What about all the outdoor events?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yeah, tis fair enough about the bars, but not letting under 18s to the outdoor carnival stuff is ridiculous.

they're not!! that sucks, thats leaving out a section of the freshers, f**ked up. they never asked me for any ID or anything when i got my ticket, maybe i look old or something

• Advertisement

pffftt stoopid kids :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 hyperali

they know youre 18 if you hgave bar membership jared

ah...i stand corrected, so they know me by face now do they? weird

If you don't have the bar membership on your card then you wont get in. Simple as. You can sign 1 other person in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

What!!

Thats a load of crap! I have a 2 hour break now and was planning to go to get my ticket after I bummed aorund here in the Computer lab for a few hours :D

That it absolute crap. I think im going to have to have a word with the managment (being the DCUSU)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭delorentos

jaysus.

we'll be playing this at nine, and we can probably sneak in a few people in our guitar cases...

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

Crucifix wrote:
    not letting under 18s to the outdoor carnival stuff is ridiculous.

there was no restriction on letting kiddies onto the rides
    just the bar

Did you not need a ticket for the rides?

nope, you didnt need a ticket for any of the rides, i paid 13 euro for a goddam anti-climax

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Ah I had under 18ers at the carnival. Or the excuse for a carnival rather. Think there might have been one or three in the bar as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Missed the Classic Beatles as I had to leave by 11:45. Bit pissed off about that. It seemed very empty compared to my first year there.

It was good though coz everywhere wasn't crushed.

The "carnival" was er ... crap! One ride?! C'Mon lads!

If I wasn't going on INTRA next year I'd love to have a go on the Ents committee.

Yeah it did seem oddly empty compared to last year where it was overly packed :confused:

Ah at least they made the effort for the carnival, pathetic as it was! We all got a big 'ONE MORE TIME' chant going and were on the ride for about 5 minutes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭spoon

im thinking the smoking ban helped out a little, it was pretty packed towards the end of the night out wehre all us smelly smokers live. So im sure if all us smelly people were inside, it woulda been packed.

Advertisement