Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for a FTV card?

Options
  • 28-09-2004 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hi, just got an offer of a card from a guy in my area for €190, I have a friend the UK, could he get one cheaper? What would he have to do? I have a spare digibox hooked up to dish (I have SKY+) and would prefer if this digibox had ITV/CH4/5 cause I rarely watch sat through this box. My friend has SKY World package. Anyone help??? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭DigiDec

€190 is very dear. I got mine for £30 last year and it works fine. Wait until the end of Oct when Sky launch their freeview service and see if your contact in the UK can get one of the new cards. It is rumoured that they will be about £20-£30 (around €45) but it is unclear yet whether the digibox will have to be connected to a phone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The average selling price on ebay seems to be around the £60 stg mark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

€190 :eek: :eek: you didnt happen to find that in a buy and sell by any chance. you were ripped off

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I think this may be of interest to people contemplating buying a FTV card.I obtained this information from an Irish website that sells FTV cards, information that was submitted by an outside company(so it is not biased):
    "In light of the news above, James Murdoch, Sky's CEO, admitted that Sky had misjudged how to win more subscribers and said he no longer wanted to go with the "free" and "cheap" approach as this simply encouraged willing converts. According to media press reports, this has clouded Sky's attitude to Freesat which was to be promoted as a cheap satellite rival to Freeview. Freesat's launch is now expected to be more low key and it will only be launched as a trial in areas of the UK with poor Freeview reception. [Aug 5]"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

lighthouse wrote:
    I think this may be of interest to people contemplating buying a FTV card.I obtained this information from an Irish website that sells FTV cards, information that was submitted by an outside company(so it is not biased):
    "In light of the news above, James Murdoch, Sky's CEO, admitted that Sky had misjudged how to win more subscribers and said he no longer wanted to go with the "free" and "cheap" approach as this simply encouraged willing converts. According to media press reports, this has clouded Sky's attitude to Freesat which was to be promoted as a cheap satellite rival to Freeview. Freesat's launch is now expected to be more low key and it will only be launched as a trial in areas of the UK with poor Freeview reception. [Aug 5]"
    Just a couple points about that quote.
    1) It depends on who the company who submitted the information, just because it's not from the sellers doesn't mean it isn't bias
    2) There's no actual quote from Sky or Murdoch

It ain't necessarily not true, but I don't think it can be considered anything more than conjecture either.

• Advertisement

lighthouse wrote:
    (so it is not biased):
    [/B]
    Of course it's biased-they want to sell the cards.
    The thread starters question has been answered , I'd direct further queries to the sticky here .

Thread Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement