Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

in walkabout, why does he kill himself?

Options
  • 20-06-2000 1:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

an oldish film Walkabout was on the other day about these two children who got lost in aus desert and found an aborigine who helped them around. The thing is, why did he kill himself at the end? Was that dance a dance of death? i can't understand it

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoLth

emmm, I only ever saw the first half of that film but did you just give away the ending in the *title* of your post?

bold.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

he killed himself cos he thought he could do more good in the after life. little did he know though that there is no after life...so he just wasted his life. fuc|<in GIMP!

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

I think I remember reading in an old review that the aborigine is on a death march. He just brings the kids along for company. Why is he on a death march?......Weird film.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I "studied" Walkabout (the book) for English in my Junior Cert a couple of years ago... The only thing I can now remember about it is that the Aborigine guy ened up wearing the young English chick's panties eek.gif ... Shows how well I studied it smile.gif

Advertisement