Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Psycho

Options
  • 03-06-2000 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

this is excellent, if a little surreal and unbelievable at times, but then the 80's were weren't they? smile.gif

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return some video tapes...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

very good, but what exactly happened in the end with his lawyer. i mean did he get away with it or what?

please dont slag me if its sumit badly obvious smile.gif

dot
    also
    Mapfinger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

no, I wont slag you, but other people might for giving away the plot smile.gif

i didnt give away the ending smile.gif
    there wasnt any ending to give

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Noel Brady

Was the film any good?

I was thinking about going to see it but Dave Fanning didn't give it a good review in The Sunday World.

He's usually right with his views about films.

Noel Brady www.game-ireland.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Noel Brady:
    I was thinking about going to see it but Dave Fanning didn't give it a good review in The Sunday World.

He's usually right with his views about films.

Noel Brady

Dave Fanning wouldn't know a decent film if it came up and rogered him senseless. His usual tactic is to offer no opinion of the film in question, but show half of it in clips on his show. His opinion is worth about as much as a truckload of dead rats in a tampon factory.

As for American Psycho, I'm going Wednesday, so I'll let you know then smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Its Ok if you didnt understand the end of the film, cause i didnt. Neither did the other three people i went to see it with. Its completely silly, that ending, no explanation for anything, just deliberetly esoteric. Apart from that, the film was Ok, but thats all. Christian Bale was fantastic though, a right pr1ck altogether..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Seen it, not really a great film, I get the ending but how do I tell ye without ruining the end of the film for eveybody else I dunno.

Should have and could have been a lot better.

I'd love to discuss the ending but tis not far on the rest of ye......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Start a new thread and make the topic a big warning!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

aye

Originally posted by Hecate:
    Now if you'll excuse me, I have to return some video tapes...

smile.gif Excellent film, I love black comedy so it went down a treat with me. I recommend the soundtrack too, Dope unquestionably have the greatest cover version ever in 'You Spin me Round' smile.gif

As for the ending, I thought it was perfectly good, couldn't see what was not to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

pretty boring film if you ask me.....
    maybe im getting to critical in my old age, but i reckon that it just didnt have the boot the book had.
    they should really have called it friday the thirteenth part 12 or something. it was that bad.......
    as for the end, bah, not worth staying in my seat for

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    pretty boring film if you ask me.....
    maybe im getting to critical in my old age, but i reckon that it just didnt have the boot the book had.

This from the man who goes to see films, not to be a critic :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Adversary

I hate films that end without resolving things. It's like the X-Files - we need closure.

The ending is pretty much given away already but : DON\T READ ON IF YOU HAVNT SEEN IT

Did the lawyer really meet the murdered guy in London or did he just mistake someone else for him?

It's like ending a film with a guy riding away on a horse. Doe's he not wave cos he's a miserable ******* or cos he's dead?

Goddamn it! Shane did not die in the end. He was just tired. Also, Gabriel Byrne was Keyser Soze, not Kevin Spacey.

no he wasn't! Gabriel Byrne had a big background that everyone knew about. Spacey was the only one not well known cos no one cared about a spaz. Why would that nice car be waiting for him outside unless he was someone important?

With films like Ameican Psycho, if they suggest that he was crazy and all we've seen might not have actually happened - how do we tell what happened and what didn't?

If he didn't kill the guy, why was there a private detective (or was he a cop?) looking for him? Did he imagine him too?

I rekon his secratary was searching his office because she was suspicious, after the visit of the private detective. And if the private detective was looking for him then the guy must be missing so he must have killed him.

"he must have killed him" isn't great but you know what I mean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hmmm, wild guess, Shane - Spacey link...Been watching The Negotiator recently

i love stories that end like that. i think it just frustrates people without an imagination wink.gif

dot
    also
    Mapfinger

Went to see 9th Gate t'other night. It's another one that dosn't resolve the plot in the end. GAH!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

the plot is resolved at the end of the ninth gate
    your woman IS the ninth gate
    sad but true

I dunno I think I'd prefer an unusual ending than your normal "everythings great, lets hug and kiss and have kids"....gaaah.

I think the sign of a good film is one your still thinking about a few days later.

• Advertisement

I was only joking about the Keyser Soze bit, by the way. I never realised the Shane-Negociator link until after i wrote it. After that i was all like, gee im really smart. But im not. The worst ending EVER was the end of Twin Peaks. I was pychologically scarred by the way David Lynch left everything hanging like that.

I was thinking she was a demon and he had just fathered the anti-christ smile.gif

No imagination! Bah-humbug! The problem is I can imagine a number of different explanations and I don't know which one is "real".

they are real if you want them to be.....

Advertisement