Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David McWilliams on RTE

Options
  • 27-09-2004 6:11pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Some of you may have seen the thread on TV (here) about David McWilliams and his apparent return to our screens.

According to Elmo, and whoever he got the info off he has a new daytime show starting next week at 2PM. It will run 4 days a week and will be called "The Big Bite".
    I can't find anything about it on www.rte.ie, www.davidmcwilliams.ie or on a google search but perhaps Elmo saw an ad for it. If anyone has any decent links regarding the show please let us know!

Assuming it is true I don't think many will be surprised by his jump to RTE, and I would assume that this is his test before they push him onto their flagship current affairs programming (such as Prime Time). IMO he's more than qualified to run that show single handed.

I wonder if this is part of an RTE contract that will see him on the airwaves too, but we shall see I suppose, lets get confirmation on this first!

flogen

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

This was in the Sunday Tribune on, well err, Sunday…

According to the St, produced by Tyrone Productions it’ll be called ‘the Big Bite’, and go out four days from the start of next month.

Part of the article reads, “The Big Bite will be a fairly light, news-based, political discussion programme in which McWilliams will thrash out the issues of the day with a panel of guests. It will go out at 2pm each day from Monday to Thursday and begins in the first week of October”.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its an intriguing idea, something possibly intelligent on telly in the afternoon! Can't see it being on for more than an hour, any longer and they'd have to include gardening and cooking tips.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

mike65 wrote:
    It's an intriguing idea, something possibly intelligent on telly in the afternoon!
    Agreed. In these times of ever-increasing dumbing down, it seems the media bosses fear showing intelligence in their schedules in case they alienate the large group of people who find Posh/Becks or Kerry/Brian McFadden interesting and aspirational. Hopefully McWilliams' new show will be a breath of fresh air. :)
    mike65 wrote:
    Can't see it being on for more than an hour, any longer and they'd have to include gardening and cooking tips.
    Hah! You're right. And that's the depressing truth! :rolleyes: :(

Advertisement