Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GBA SP - Must have games??

Options
  • 27-09-2004 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend which games on the GBA SP are must have!!

My preferred games are the likes of Max Payne and Splinter Cell, but I wouldnt expect too much from them on the GBA. I have Advance Wars and think it s a great game, is there anymore out there that I should know about??

Thanx in advance!!

Branners69

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Fusion or Metroid Zero Mission. Really good fun, but quite short. Fusion's a bit harder than Zero Mission. Plus they've got the firepower you want.
    Not really of the same genre, but Golden Sun's good, Wario Ware Inc's like crack, Zelda: A Link to the Past - well it's Zelda. It's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭Xterminator

You would want to play on of the pokemon games!

While ruby and sapphire are probably going cheap at the mo (slightly older), the new titles come with free wireless adaptors.

They are damn adictive and very enjoyable.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Have a browse through this list: http://www.metacritic.com/games/gba/scores/

400-ish games scored and averaged across multiple review sites. Its a good indication of whats good (and whats not!).

Personally, I love Wario Ware, Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga, the 2 metroid games, the 3 castlevania games, the super mario advance games, fire emblem, zelda and astro boy. Check out reviews at the site above for more info.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Advanced Wars 1 and 2
    Mairo Kart
    Mario Golf
    Street Fighter II Alpha

Use the search function a bit there have been a good few "great GBA Games" threads before

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

ehh how about gta due out next month?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Rock 'N' Roll Racing!! best racing game evar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i found zero mission to be a damn sight more entertaining than fusion tbh.
    hated the way you seemed to be led about by your hand for most of the game...
    zero mission was too short though (and the
    stealth section
    ruined the game for me.)

playing through super metroid for the gazillionth time, why the hell don't they just port that to the gba? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

too many buttons on the snes controller. they really should have made the gba an a,b,x,y pad with two shoulder buttons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

evad_lhorg wrote:
    too many buttons on the snes controller. they really should have made the gba an a,b,x,y pad with two shoulder buttons.
    wouldn't be that hard to adjust the controls to fit the gba...
    just have auto run and the same weapon select system as zm.

then again, i'd much rather see a zm style remake of metroid 2 first

GaRtH_V wrote:
    ehh how about gta due out next month?!?

We will have to wait to judge... Due 22/10/2004

• Advertisement

im really hoping for a remake of 2. id say it will happen after prime 2 is out. hopefuilly prime 2 will have super metroid on as an extra cause I dont want to be playing on an emulator. metroid prime is the only metroid game ive played and its one of my top 5 games of all time. i want some more.!!

Rew wrote:
    We will have to wait to judge... Due 22/10/2004

from what ive seen of it so, it looks amazing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

The new Astro Boy game is excellent. Made by Treasure. Very Gunstar Hero-ish.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    from what ive seen of it so, it looks amazing!!

LINK
    looks like Medal of Honor on the GBA..

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

evad_lhorg wrote:
    im really hoping for a remake of 2. id say it will happen after prime 2 is out. hopefuilly prime 2 will have super metroid on as an extra cause I dont want to be playing on an emulator. metroid prime is the only metroid game ive played and its one of my top 5 games of all time. i want some more.!!
    Super Metroid for DS would own all. And the DS has the right button configuration for it. And dammit, you need to play more metroid!
    *strokes sub-hour Zero Mission completion*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you liked Advance Wars I suggest getting Fire Emblem. Its made by the same team and is very similar.

The 3 castlevania games are great. Very similar to metroid (although they are very hard to find, since konami had the clever idea of releasing only one batch and had no copies left after 1 week)

Advertisement