Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving Reception for Bog1,Bog 2, Bog3 and TG Bog4?

Options
  • 27-09-2004 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there,
    I was wondering if you guys who could offer me some tips on improving reception on the old rte channels.

The thing is that we are in a rental house so I dont want to go investing in a rooftop aerial. Im not sure what options I have.

We have a tv top rabbits ears with UHF loop and built in booster. In a previous flat it worked really well but in our current location the pictures isnt great especially on TV3 and TG4. (rte 1 and rte 2 are usually ok).

Any help with this would really be appreciated. We live in Galway City (we dont want to subscribe to NTL as we just want the standard 4 channels)..

Thanks!
    wmalgal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

How about putting aerials in the attic - reception will be a lot better than a settop aerial?

In Galway you need a VHF Band 3 aerial for RTE1,2 (rods vertical)
    and a UHF (group C/D or a wideband (grid type) aerial for TV3 and TG4 (rods horizontal).
    And a VHF/UHF combiner to combine them.

maybe there is already coax cable going up to the attic, but if not a length going down the side of the house can be removed later.

The signals will be coming from Maghera (mountain near the Clare/Galway border) so position both aerials in part of the attic with least obstructed path in that direction.

The aerials will not be 'weathered' in the attic so it should be easy to sell them when you move (some TV dealer/aerial installer might buy them back)

Advertisement