Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinemax Online Ireland

Options
  • 08-06-2000 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I'm announcing this for those of you who don't know of Cinemax Online Ireland, Ireland's newest and fastest movies website, updated daily. We cover and sell Posters, Soundtracks, DVD's and not only that but you`ll find reviews, special feature articles, news headlines and stories of the day and a massive forum area that has just recently opened up.

Check it out and tell me what you think.
    http://www.cinemaxonline.co.uk

I am also looking for people who are interested in writing reviews or articles for the site. If you're interested then please email me at webmaster@cinemaxonline.co.uk .

Ken McGuire
    Cinemax Online Ireland

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Hmmmm.....
    An Irish cinema site, with a .co.uk address.
    Consider this a warning - don't start samming these boards.

Draco

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

and he likes Bill Gates too! quick gettim!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cinemax

I don't like Bill Gates! I ujst have some pity for him. I'd be ****ed in his situation. And - the co.uk address is because Warner Bros. took the .com one so I couldn't exactly ask for it from them.

And - (too many ands) I'm not going to be spamming the boards. I just wanted to know if anyone would be interested in writing articles on flim or reviews.

Thanks for the time.

Ken
    Cinemax

• Registered Users Posts: 16,407 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I don't usually bother telling webmaster, but since you posted on here:

I'm not sure of exact statistics, but you're losing out on huge amounts of people by having a Flash only site.

Personally I waited 3 seconds for it to open, then closed the window.

I'd say that's quite a common reaction.

How about some HTML?

Cheers,
    Al.

Hey thanks for that one. It's not really a "flash only" site. Except for the introduction at the start, there is no flash involved whatsoever. At least now I know. I'll put in a special link just for you to skip the flash in the future then.

Ken
    Cinemax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Excellent the more Irish related movie sites the better.

I am planning on launching a DVD only related site in the near future. Any1 interested as well in contributing drop me a line. Maybe we can work together Ken ?

The new sites address is/wil be dvdeireann.com/dvdeireann.net don't bother trying them they lead nowhere at the moment.

Gandalf.

I'm doing to start some serious expansion to my site. Maybe you'd like to swap work which we could post on each other's sites? e.g DVD news and reviews and stuff? I'd be interested. What are your ideas?

Ken
    Cinemax

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Originally posted by Draco:
    Consider this a warning - don't start spamming these boards.

Ah Draco... I wouldn't consider announcing the presence of a relevant website spamming. It being and Irish film site and this being the film/TV boards and all...

[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited 08-06-2000).]

Thanks! I have no intention of spamming the boards. I was just told that they exist yesterday and that I should check out the film and tv section 'cause it's irish. So i'm irish, my site is Irish and irish people should know about it.

Thanks.

Ken
    Cinemax

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Best of luck with it man - I for one will give it a CTRL+D smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I'm just wary of comerical sites avertising on the boards - there has been hassle before.

Did you try for a .ie? I know they can be a pain in the ar$e to get, but it might be worth it.

Draco

Kharn - thanks for that one mate! Glad to know you like it.

Draco - I'd go for a .ie domain but they tend to put a major dent in the back pocket (if you know what I mean). Plus I don't know if they do what I want them to. The domain I have will point you back to wherever you have your hosting. With a i.e domain you have to have paid hosting, or am I wrong?

Ken
    Cinemax

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Dent in the back pocket? Boil on yer bum ?

To be perfectly honest, I think the site looks very well indeed, but the '.co.uk' domain will always work against you in my opinion if you're really striving to brand it as an *IRISH* site.

Keep up the good work - the site seems to be of a decent enough standard at the moment to be able to sell advertising on it... which should help, some with those costs... (perhaps that way, also, you can shake the homepage.eircom.net URL, which honestly, doesnt look good... a credible site needs its own domain these days).

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 09-06-2000).]

Thanks for that. The eircom thing should be gone in about 2 weeks time. As soon as I get more money in my hand I`ll get rid of the co.uk one but for now its that bit nicer than the eircom display. B@st@rds FTP service is rubbish so i`m moving as soon as i've the cash.

Ken
    Cinemax

Advertisement