Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's good at the moment?

Options
  • 07-06-2000 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭

I need a film to bring me cuz to, so whats on decent at the mo?

Cheers.
    Al.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

What age is your cousin?

Male/Female??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Just ask for the phone number while yer at it Pretence smile.gif

Ahh sure, you have to try you know. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

rotflmao!! smile.gif

He is 15.

Cheers!

Al.

If ye havn't seen it Gladiator is the bizz...ye'd love that....

Battlefield Earth has got mixed reviews, havn't seen it myself yet.

Stir of Echoes (think its called) is also meant to be good, think its 18s though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 cinemax

Take him to Deuce Bigalow (though not the greatest) or that new one with David Duchovney? I'd recommend Battlefield Earth with all the reviews I've read about it.

Ken
    Cinemax

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

DO NOT BRING THEM TO BATTLEFIELD EARTH

Well unless you never want to see them again, and want your brain dribbling out your ear.

The Movie sucks goats nads... No wait it doesn't.. that would suggest that the goat was having a good time and such a thing is not possible with BE.

Gladiator is good, Frequency is Ok, MI2 is good (although I have no clue what is out in Ireland at the mo).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Being a grease faced 15 year old myself I would say Gladiator. Its fun ,its violent and its beautiful. Great film and best at the moment. As for David Duchovneys new one , well unless your Cuz is a fudge packer who digs rom coms , you would be best advised to avoid biggrin.gif

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

Hey guys,

Gladiator: seen it ( x2 )

BE: read it: not a great book, really the sf version of train-station material. Defo not spending good money to see it - heard it is even worse than Hobbes said, ie bad acting, bad effects, bad plot; and why did they use Hubbards original character name of "Jonny Goodboy Tyler"? ffs!!

Frequency: what's that? is that the Duchovny one?

MI2: whens this out?

Cheers. smile.gif

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

BE: Yes, never had as much fun beating my head against the chair in front of me before this glorious specimen of filmmaking. SEE ! the wonky camera angles DRIVE ! a JCB through the plotholes MARVEL! at the fact that the filmmakers decided to film it in red, green and nothing else WINCE! at how utterly sh1te this film is !

By the way, Frequency is a time travel yarn, and Return To Me is Duchovny's Rom-Com.

• Advertisement

I was looking 4ward to seeing FD..........Goddammit........not now frown.gif

Is Frequency any good/ still in the cinema??

Hey Eamo,

gimme some more info on Freq will ya?

Any craic over there in Castlebog?

Cheers,
    Alo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Its not out yet. Sometime this month methinks. Ive read good reviews about it though, it sounds good.

Say hello to my little friend !!!

Final Destination...............mayb, looks entertaining yet I know no more:/

Advertisement