Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mission Impossible:2

Options
  • 31-05-2000 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Slap your brain in neutral and watch it.

Some serious kick ass stunts (like the mountain climbing which wasn't green screened). Otherwise typical Woo "Guns, bikes, etc".

It isn't really in the theme of MI though, it's more like an action movie. MI normally if there was any fighting it was because it was intended. I have more to comment on this, but I can't without revealing the plot. frown.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Hobbes:
    It isn't really in the theme of MI though, it's more like an action movie

Thank God, MI was crap apart from the bit where they break into Langley, the Chunnel bit was fun if utterly stupid smile.gif The rest of it was terrible.

I'm looking forward to MI2 a whole lot more, mainly because John Woo is God.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I was thinking of more the MI TV Series which the movies don't have a patch on for thrill.

Normally in the TV if something went wrong it was because it was planned well in advance, and the series normally ended with the team all getting into a car driving off into the sunset while the bad guys head is spinning over what's happend and is killed by his own men.

The movie was closer to Face off action wise and the bad guys seemed to be more the MI type team.

I forgot to mention the leading lady (the thief) is a hottie. The movie is worth just seeing her, though the sex scenes were lame (I guess it's hard to do anything with Nicole watching).

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 31-05-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Thandie Newton. She was in Beloved. She' hotter than a very hot thing thats just been in the scorching hot oven of the things that are very hot. in other words, she's hot. John Woo is a God, but i think he's done this one for the cash, its a Tom Cruise vehicle. Hey, ill go see it, it's Mr Woo and he demands attention (and opened very wide jaws when his action scenes kick in, i get goosebumps thinking about them), but im looking forward to his next one, a world war II film called Windtalkers, more. From what ive heard of that one, it sounds hotter than a very hot thing...ok ill stop now.

Advertisement