Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The World Is not Enough - DVD

Options
  • 29-05-2000 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I have to give this my thumbs up. Having not seen this in the cinema (first bond film I haven't seen in the cinema since Octopussy) I lashed down my £19 (yes £19, I was drunk and had a score in my wallet walking down Rathmines at 3am on Friday) and have to say, the film firstly is class, best bond film in ages (Goldeneye is also class), and the extras, wow loads of them. If you like your James Bond this is definitely worth splashing out on. 10 out of 10

And Bagpuss was wide awake. And when Bagpuss wakes up all his friends wake up too. The mice on the mouse-organ woke up and stretched ... Madeleine, the rag doll ... Gabriel, the toad... And last of all, Professor Yaffle, who was a very distinguished old woodpecker. He climbed down off his bookend and went to see what it was Emily had brought...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I am in agreement - worth it for the opening boat chase alone smile.gif not to mention Sophie Marceau, Denise Richards, parahawks, subs, nukes, all the usual fun.

Plus DVD has loads of extra documentaries and other nice bits - 'fully loaded' you might say smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Nooooooo.... It sucks nasty Unsuckable things... smile.gif

I thought it tried to exaggerate every Bond cliche. Maybe it was meant to be funny but it ended up ridiculous (IMHO)....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

agreed!...

(with TinCool and CT)...

Excellent film- especially good on DVD. I lashed down a little more than £19 myself, but that was buying through amazon.co.uk, so t'was worth it- saved me the price of petrol or train ticket into town to get it.

Denise Richards all wet in her white t-shirt... Mmmmmmmmmmm....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Great flick - saw it in the cinema twice.

What I really loved is that you could see a cruel bastid side to Bond which I think was cool.

Wet, white t-shirt. Need I say any more?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yes indeed, nice to see bond being able to kill a bird with one (head)shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

bond seems to be getting a 'thing' for dead women wink.gif

Advertisement