Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien Legacy DVD Box Set

Options
  • 15-05-2000 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

69.99 in HMV (same as sterling price) - sweet smile.gif chocka with extras on each of the four film discs, plus an extra disc with a documentary on it. All in Widescreen with fu<k off sound - dying to see Aliens in this format now smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

Widescreen DVD's are the most ridiculous thing to sell to computer owners. HALF THE ****ING SCREEN IS USELESS!

tct

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thank God I have a 32" widescreen TV to watch them on then :P

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

All 4 films on DVD??

What extras?

/me salivates like the queen...

DeV.

Extras: All films are in 2.35:1 Widescreen, restored prints for Alien & Aliens, all remastered in THX Sound. All have Interactive Menus (very well done, and indivdual to each film), scene access, subtitles etc.

Alien: Original Trailers, Outtakes, Commentary by Ridley Scott, Artwork & Photo Galleries, Original Story Boards, Isolated Original Score, Alternate Music Track.

Aliens: Original Trailer, Interview with James Cameron, Behind the Scenes Footage, Still Photos, Additional 17 minutes footage deleted from the original (same as Director's Cut edition out on video some years ago).

Alien 3: Original Trailer, Making of Alien 3 Documentary.

Alien Resurrection: Original Trailer, Behind the Scenes Featurette, Cast & Crew Biography.

In Box Set Only: fifth DVD containg a one hour documentary on the making of Alien.

The fifth disc gets my personal thumbs up for the interviews with HR Giger, what a loony smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Well if it is 70 quid in Dublin it is about 120 in Kerry. You cats in the cities are so lucky. Every type of film , DvD , Video , Cinema is expensive here. It is £6.50 for an adult to get into our local cinema! A video is 20 quid on release! And do not get me started on DVDs frown.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭the celtic tiger

I once knew a man from peru,
    who fell asleep in his shoe.

he died soon after.

tct

eek.gif

I'm a bicycle!!

In all seriousness....the greatest place on earth!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

omg.

It will be mine.

Oh yes it will be mine.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Well, Aliens is my favourite film, so i suppose i have a duty to honour it accordingly. WOOHOO! It Rocks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭*Rebel*

sounds tempting...got Matrix DVD last and am gonna get From Desk Till Dawn next...might consider Alian after...*ponders*

-*Rebel*

Why watch Wimbledon when you can watch Drumcree instead?

Originally posted by *Rebel*:
    and am gonna get From Desk Till Dawn next

that the *****ing film about your late night in the office, was it? smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

might consider Alian after...*ponders*

Alian? The new French guy working in the office - was he the co-star of "From Desk till Dawn"? wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yeah,

I ordered that on impulse from the states a couple of months ago.

Tis sweet, and the best DVD set i've bought yet.

The amount of extras is fkin class though, all orginal artwork in slide format by H.R.Geiger, commentaries, editors cut etc...

Buy it tis worth it.

JAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

no, he meant dusk til dawn, that truely crap film with that truely crap actor....tarentino
    and dont go on about salma whatsherface. shes rotten. truely truely awful
    id rather watch magnolia 12 times in a row than watch that again.
    having said that, id love to get my hands on the aliens box set. i think alien is still one of my fav movies ever.
    castor, prepare to hand em over wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭*Rebel*

ah lads dont be mockin' me *snif,snif* frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

ah lads dont be mockin' me *snif,snif* frown.gif

" Sung to well known ABBA song"
    Mocking me, Mocking you , Your ma !!!!! wink.gif

Sorry had to say it ... and Alien rocks must take a gander at the box set today !!!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

Advertisement