Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Factor

Options
  • 25-09-2004 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

Not seen this yet but plan to settle down to an episode tonight. Just wanted to know, have the Irish auditions that took place last summer been aired yet, if so what were they like. ? I heard a buzz that various members of six and other regional boy bands have out themselves up for the gauntlet, could be interesting. Any talent so far ??

Who will win ? 7 votes

Tabby
    0% 0 votes
    Cassie
    14% 1 vote
    Roberta
    0% 0 votes
    Verity
    14% 1 vote
    Rowetta
    0% 0 votes
    Steve
    42% 3 votes
    G4
    14% 1 vote
    Voices with Soul
    0% 0 votes
    2 to Go
    14% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Dont think the auditions in Dublin have been aired yet.Did u see it tonight?That 16 year old was excellent.I cant believe the amount of people who waste their time auditioning in xfactor.Some of them where sooo crap like that old lady (was on tonights eposode)what was the point of her doing that?no point

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

they were shown last week, full of the usual tossers looking to lick louis arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭shellspeare

i'm loving the show so far. i think simon cowells honesty is both refreshing and entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

I don't normally watch these types of shows but this is really entertaining to watch if only to watch Simon Cowell's reactions to the crap people who actually think they can sing. His comment on tonight's show that one of the contestants should dress up in drag because he looks like Julie Andrews was hilarious. :)

I am absoultely appalled by Louis Walsh - he has no idea. He seems obsessed with letting crap go through and saying no to some of the really good acts.
    The majority of the Dublin auditions shown last week were crap and yet he kept wanting to put them through just because they were Irish. It was pathetic.

I saw the brunette one from Six, Sinead I think, in cork on Friday. She looked kinda skanky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

It was so funny last night when Sharon poured water over Simon's head. I was so astounded by her bravery.

Also, the woman in the wheelchair was really emotional. I'm glad they let her through, but they might've done it for sympathy.

I wonder what group each of them will be mentoring? It'll be interesting to see who gets the 25 and over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Anyone see Red Hurley getting rejected on the Dublin episode last week? They only included his reaction in the losers montage at the end, with Sharon saying "You're just not what we're looking for". He looked gutted.

Next thing they'll have Joe Dolan auditioning...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I missed it this week alas but I've found these early rounds to be enjoyable, just so we can see Cowell, and occasionally Sharon, rip into them. Did anyone see the first one where there was right arrogant **** who got very agressive with them and then started to insult Sharon's kids? She was ready to rip his head off - it was class! Almost as class as seeing Dublin's Mankind get shredded :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ixoy wrote:
    Did anyone see the first one where there was right arrogant **** who got very agressive with them and then started to insult Sharon's kids? She was ready to rip his head off - it was class! Almost as class as seeing Dublin's Mankind get shredded :D
    Yeah, wasn't that the rap guy that thought he was Eminem? Total crap, and he just wouldn't leave. They told him he was crap, thanked him for his time and asked him to leave and just went on and on. Then he started on Jack and Kelly Osborne, I thought Sharon was going to get up and punch him. That would have been funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

I saw a brief clip of that arse hole with the blond mullet standing in the line one episode... Anyone remember his name.. You know! the bloke from you're a star with the blow-up guitar. I know Louis really hates him so wandered if they've showed his audition yet or if they even let him in. I think his name was Brendan or Branden....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

**** Brendan KILKENNY ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

The final 15 chosen on Saturday nite, couple of pretty great Irish talent , so hopefully we'll see one of them come through, fingers crossed.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds16225.html

anyone spotted a winner ??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Just wanted to know, have the Irish auditions that took place last summer been aired yet

They have yeah, I think it was ep 2 or 3
    My girlfriend watched this show... :eek:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'd like to see something more original like G4 win but I doubt they will. I'm going to go with 'Voices With Soul' to win because, if I remember them correctly, they had good fun personalities to match their act.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭Aurther Hugh

Couple of Irish people in the final line up. Is anyone watching this ? Care ? They seem quite good to me . As for the judges, Sharons a bit limp and I get the feeling Walshe is winking at me down the telly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Its good telly, kinda soap opera meets pop which is what Simon (his new production company are behind it) is aiming for no doubt.

The 35 year old lad is the only guy Im rooting for at this stage. Out of 50,000 applicants they've made a mess of the final 9 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Being from Sligo, i hope Tabby does well! Seen him plenty of times with Petronella..

But i'd like to see that opera foursome, G4 win! (maybe not with their rendition of Radiohead's 'Creep' though)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

My faves are:
    16-24: Tabby
    25 and over: Rowetta
    Groups: Voices with soul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

I couldn't believe it when I saw Rowetta from the Happy Mondays on this program. Havent seen any of them sing, but I know Tabbys brothers very well, so I hope he wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Why is the poll closed so early?!

Steve is getting better every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Is there going to be a new poll for this week now that "2 to go" are gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭Nasty_Girl

Is there going to be a new poll for this week now that "2 to go" are gone?

Thank god they are gone they sounded like two pigs squealing. well you're man wasn't too bad but yer wan.... oh sweet jesus divine.

Think it's between Tabby and Rowetta, to be honest!

Being a Sligo man myself, am hoping Tabby does the business!

If i was betting man.... Out Saturday is Voices With Soul, then Cassie, then Steve, then G4. Tabby and Rowetta in the final. Result too close to call... but the British seem to be behind Tabby. So, Tabby to win!

I'll post an updated poll with who'll left and let us all know who you think will win - everyone please fill it out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 McFairyland

Steve's a ponse!

Advertisement